BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS — St. Kitts has announced new travel requirements following a cluster of 16 new cases of COVID-19.
As of May 29, only fully vaccinated travellers are allowed entry into St. Kitts & Nevis, with exemptions made for citizens and residents.
With the summer family travel season beginning, considerations have been made for families travelling with children. The following applies to non-vaccinated children under 18 years old:
- Non-vaccinated children under 18 travelling with fully vaccinated parents are welcome
- If the family is staying nine days or less, the current Vacation in Place guidelines apply
- If the family is staying 10 days or more, the parents and the child will have to Vacation in Place until day 14, at which point the child will be tested
- Vaccinated parents travelling with a non-vaccinated child will not be allowed to integrate into the Federation until after the child is tested on day 14 and the results come back negative
A curfew has also been imposed on the island from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. daily until June 8.
Below are the travel requirements for fully vaccinated travellers (previously announced travel requirements for non-vaccinated travellers are null and void):
- A traveller is considered fully vaccinated when two weeks have passed since receiving their second dose of a two dose vaccine series (Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna or AstraZeneca/Oxford) or two weeks after they have received a single dose vaccine (Johnson + Johnson). The traveller’s official COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card will be accepted as proof.
- Traveller must complete the Travel Authorization Form on the national website (www.knatravelform.kn). Once the Travel Authorization Form is completed, the traveler must submit a copy of their official Vaccination Card (back and front scan). The vaccination card must be sent for verification via email or WhatsApp. The date of arrival and the KN number generated on their completed KNA travel form must be included.a. Vaccination Record cards may be submitted via one of two methods:
- WhatsApp Phone Numbers – 869-762-0238 or 869-765-4880
- Email – email@example.com, Subject line: Vaccination Car
b. Upon review, the Chef Medical Officer will email the acceptance status of the traveller’s vaccination card.
- Upon submission of a completed KNA travel form and approval of their vaccination card, the traveller must upload their official COVID-19 RT-PCR negative test result from a CLIA/CDC/UKAS approved lab accredited with ISO/IEC 17025 standard taken 72 hours prior to travel. There are no exceptions to the 72-hour timeframe.
- Upon receipt of the copy of the COVID -19 RT-PCR test negative result and their official vaccination card, the traveler’s information will be reviewed, and they will receive the approval letter to enter the Federation
- For their trip, the traveller should bring a copy of the negative COVID- 19 RT-PCR test and their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card as proof of completion of their vaccination. Note, acceptable COVID-19 PCR tests must be taken by nasopharyngeal sample. Self-samples, rapid tests, or home tests will be considered invalid.
- Travellers will undergo a health screening at the airport which includes a temperature check and a health questionnaire. Upon arrival, if a fully vaccinated traveler is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 during the health screening, they can be required to undergo a RT- PCR test at the airport at their own cost (US$150).
- Fully vaccinated air travellers will be asked to “Vacation in Place” at a Travel Approved hotel for nine days.
- All fully vaccinated air travellers are free to move throughout the Travel Approved hotel, interact with other guests and partake in hotel activities only.
- Fully vaccinated air travellers staying beyond 9 days are required to be tested on day 9 (USD$150 visitors’ cost) of their stay and once their test is negative, they may integrate into the Federation participating in tours, attractions, restaurants, beach bars, retail shopping, etc.
- Effective May 1, 2021 fully vaccinated air travellers are not required to submit an exit RT-PCR test. If a pre-departure test is still required for the country of destination, the RT-PCR test will be taken 72 hours prior to departure. For example: If a person is staying 7 days, their pre-departure test will be on day 4; if a person is staying 14 days, their pre-departure test will be taken on day 11.
- Travel Approved hotels for international travellers are:
- Four Seasons
- Golden Rock Inn
- Marriott Vacation Beach Club
- Montpelier Plantation & Beach
- Paradise Beach
- Park Hyatt
- Royal St. Kitts Hotel
International travellers who would like to stay at private rental home or condo must stay at a property that has been pre-approved as a quarantine housing at their own cost, including security. Requests can be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org.