MONACO — Silversea is ramping up its polar offering with three new Antarctica Bridge voyages for 2023-2024.
The fly-cruise program, which Silversea says provides the fastest, most direct route to Antarctica, enables travellers to fly over the Drake Passage in business-class comfort. Silversea’s diverse Antarctica program includes three ice-class ships that sail a broad array of voyage lengths.
“In response to exceptional demand, we have added three new fly-cruise voyages aboard Silver Cloud for 2024, enhancing our industry-leading Antarctica offering and strengthening our destination leadership,” said Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s President and CEO. “We offer guests the luxury of choice, with the most diverse offering in ultra-luxury Antarctica cruising. Our pioneering Antarctica Bridge option is tremendously popular with time-conscious travellers who prefer to experience the White Continent without crossing the Drake Passage.”
THREE NEW VOYAGES
Adding to Silversea’s existing Antarctica Bridge offering for 2022 and 2023, guests may choose from two new five-day expedition voyages aboard Silver Cloud that depart Feb. 2 and Feb. 7, 2024, as well as a six-day sailing departing Feb. 12, 2024.
After landing at Chile’s Eduardo Frei Montalva air base on King George Island, guests will spend the same amount of time exploring Antarctica as on the cruise line’s conventional itineraries. They will journey to such destinations as Antarctic Sound, the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands before returning to King George Island. The Expedition Team will guide Zodiac tours, kayaking adventures and explorations ashore, as well as provide lectures on the region’s geology, wildlife and history.
For sailings that cross the Drake Passage, Silversea recently enhanced journeys to Antarctica with the launch of roundtrip voyages from Puerto Williams, Chile. From the 2022-2023 season, those sailing aboard the line’s three ice-class expedition ships – Silver Cloud, Silver Wind and Silver Explorer – will enjoy more convenient flight times, personalized service during a private charter flight and quicker transfers to the ship, on exclusive itineraries departing from the new gateway of Puerto Williams.
Guests travelling on Silversea’s Antarctica Bridge voyages benefit from the following inclusions:
- Private executive transfers (up to 50 miles per transfer)
- International roundtrip flights
- One night pre-cruise hotel stay and one post-cruise hotel night stay in Santiago (post-cruise hotel stay is available for UK and EU only)
- In-country flights to Punta Arenas
- One pre-cruise hotel and one post-cruise hotel night in Punta Arenas
- Private Business Class roundtrip flight between Punta Arenas and King George Island
- Transfers and luggage handling
- Limited complimentary Wi-Fi
- Multiple restaurants serving diverse cuisine and in-suite 24-hour dining service, including caviar
- Premium beverages in-suite and throughout the ship
- Butler service and onboard gratuities
- Highly-qualified Expedition Team comprising of experts in their field
- Enrichment lectures, guided Zodiac, land and sea tours and shore-side activities
- Complimentary expedition gear including parka, backpack and water bottle, as well as the use of boots, waterproof pants and walking poles
To view Silversea’s Antarctica Bridge voyages go to https://www.silversea.com/lp-antarctica-bridge.html.