SEATTLE — Seabourn is gearing up for its return to Alaska and British Columbia in 2020 with several new itineraries, including a series or shorter seven-day voyages.
Drawing inspiration from the success of the past three seasons, Seabourn has created a jam-packed cruise schedule for Seabourn Sojourn for summer 2020. Moreover, guests who book may receive a number of benefits on select sailings, including suite upgrades, shipboard credits, air credits, complimentary Internet, discounts on back-to-back voyages and more.
“Alaska and British Columbia never fail to delight our guests, who often come back for more,” said Rick Meadows, president of Seabourn. “We’re always excited to send Seabourn Sojourn north, and the 2020 season will be a great opportunity to see just how far Seabourn’s Ultimate Alaska will go.”
Here are some highlights:
• NEW 7-day cruises: These shorter voyages complement Seabourn’s popular lineup of 10-, 11- and 12-day itineraries. With sailings between Vancouver and Juneau, each seven-day cruise can be combined to create a 14-day roundtrip cruise that includes Hubbard Glacier and Tracy/Endicott Arm. Guests who book back-to-back voyages can save up to 15% on the cruise fare.
• Ventures by Seabourn: The popular optional shore experience program is returning in 2020 with adventurous activities led by an expert team of scientists and local guides. The optional for-charge kayak, Zodiac, catamaran and hiking tours offers touring opportunities that larger cruise ships cannot access.
• Shore excursions: Scheduled shore excursions for 2020 include ‘Haines: Burrow Creek Retreat & Crab Boil: A Mindful Living Tour’; ‘Sitka: Salmon Fishing at Sitka’; and ‘Juneau: Deluxe Dog Sledding Adventure by Helicopter’.
• Seabourn Journeys: Available pre- and/or post-cruise, Seabourn Journeys features destinations and experiences that cannot be accessed on single-day excursions from Seabourn Sojourn. These include: ‘The Denali Experience’, a four- and five-day excursion that includes travel by road, rail and air to see the highest mountain in North America; and ‘UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer’, a seven-day pre-cruise trip through the Canadian Rockies that includes Gold Leaf Service on the Rocky Mountaineer.
• Glacier Bay: Four Seabourn Sojourn sailings in 2020 have been enhanced to include Glacier Bay, including: 10-day Glacier Bay Sojourn (10 days, Vancouver to Seward, from Aug. 28-Sept. 7); 7-day Glacier Bay & Canadian Inside Passage (departs Juneau for Vancouver from Sept. 25-Oct. 2); 14-day Glacier Bay, Fjords & Canadian Inside Passage (departs Vancouver Sept. 18, includes full day in Glacier Bay National Park); and the 12-day Glacier Bay & Pacific Coast (departs Vancouver and heads south to Los Angeles from Oct. 2-14).