VANCOUVER — Scenic Luxury Cruises and Tours has launched a selection of new Freechoice shore excursions for its 2023 river cruise season in Europe.
Catering to all interests and fitness levels, these ‘off the boat’ experiences range from guided hiking in the Black Forest, to exploring a castle in northern France and e-biking in the French countryside, all of which use a Tailormade App for added ease.
Guests booking a 2023 European river cruise by March 31, 2023 will receive free or reduced Economy airfare, plus savings of up to $1,000 per couple.
A sample of new shore excursions include the following:
- A visit to ‘The Versailles of Holland’ in Nijmegen: The 15-day Romantic Rhine & Moselle sails between Amsterdam and Basel and features a visit to the 17th-century Het Loo Palace in Nijmegen, once home to William III. Prices for this voyage start at $9,045 per person, double.
- Spotting eagles in the wetlands of Croatia: The nine-day Black Sea Explorer sails between Budapest and Bucharest on the Danube River. Guests can now discover the Kopacki Rit Nature Park by boat in Osijek, home to more than 260 bird species, 140 of which nest permanently or temporarily in the park. Prices for this voyage start at $4,745.
- Learning local recipes in rural France: The 11-day Spectacular South of France cruise sails roundtrip from Lyon, down the rivers of the Saône and Rhône to the Mediterranean Sea. Guests will experience the ‘Ancestry of the Kitchen’ excursion featuring a visit to a family-run olive farm, followed by a cooking class. Alternatively, guests can choose to visit the medieval hilltop village of Les Baux. Prices for this voyage start at $7,395.
- A bird’s eye view of the Rhine Valley and Niederwald monument: Sailing from Amsterdam to Budapest, Scenic’s 15-day Jewels of Europe voyage travels along the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers, porting at a selection of Europe’s most iconic cities along the way. New to this cruise, the Winzerexpress mini train in Rudesheim has been added, transporting guests to Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. Fares start at $8,045.
- Truffle hunting on the banks of the Rhône: The eight-Day Idyllic Rhône cruise voyages from Lyon to Marseille. Now for the first time, guests can visit the provincial town of Grignan in Viviers and take in a truffle nursery. Prices for this eight-day voyage start at $5,445.
All Scenic river cruises are truly all-inclusive. Flights, transfers, fine dining experiences, premium branded beverages and once in-a-lifetime immersive excursions are all included in the fare paid.
For more information go to www.scenic.ca or email email@example.com.