VANCOUVER — It’s the year of Floriade and Scenic is offering more ways to enjoy this once-in-a-decade spectacle.
Running from April 14 to Oct. 9, 2022, the 7th International Horticultural Exhibition Floriade Expo will take place in Almere, about 30 minutes from Amsterdam. There are four sub-themes at this year’s Floriade – Greening the City, Feeding the City, Healthying the City, and Energizing the City – as well as inspiring lectures, live music, dining options and more.
With the event drawing near, Scenic has announced that it has included a full day at Floriade on five of its cruise itineraries for 2022. Guests booking one of these special cruises can also enjoy: 5% savings off the cruise fare by paying upon in full booking; free or reduced roundtrip economy airfare ranging from $295 to $495; and free door-to-door chauffeur transfers or free one-night hotel accommodation before or after the cruise. Different itineraries offer different savings opportunities.
The five itineraries that include Floriade are (fares are per person, double occupancy):
- 8-day Windmills, Tulips & Belgian Delights with Floriade (starting at $4,760)
- 10-day Rhine Highlights with Flourishing Floriade(starting at $6,030)
- 14-day Windmills Tulips & Belgian Delights with Floriade, Bruges & London (starting at $7,855)
- 17-day Romantic Rhine & Moselle with Flourishing Floriade (starting at $10,030)
- 17-day Jewels of Europe with Flourishing Floriade(starting at $10,830)
Highlights vary by itinerary but many include touring Delft and taking in the town’s world famous Delft Blue Pottery, as well as a cycling tour of the village of Veere, a visit to an oyster farm for a tour and tasting, learning to cook traditional apple pies from a local family, and a Scenic-exclusive choir performance in the 17th-century Oosterkerk church.
For more information on these and other cruises, call 1-866-689-8611 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Brochures can be downloaded directly from sss.scenic.ca.