TORONTO — Sandals Resorts and Beaches Resorts is going above and beyond to protect its valued guests with the launch of a new Travel Insurance Plan and Cancellation Protection Benefit.
Powered by Trip Mate, the ‘Travel Protection Plan – Insurance Is On Us’ will be purchased on behalf of guests and is part of a client’s travel reservation. The Cancellation Protection Benefit, meanwhile, allows travellers to plan their future vacation with absolute confidence.
Said Adam Stewart, Deputy Chairman of Sandals Resorts International: “Travellers making vacation plans to the Caribbean can feel confident thanks to these two new added perks to our Book With Confidence program.”
Here are the details:
TRAVEL PROTECTION PLAN – INSURANCE IS ON US
Available to book now through Dec. 31, 2020 for travel now through May 31, 2021, the plan offers couples who book with Unique Vacations expanded medical benefits during their resort stay.
It covers the following:
- Any medical expenses in the Caribbean islands incurred as part of a treatment for illness, condition and/or accident. COVID-19 is treated the same as any other sickness.
- Any medical expenses in nearest facility incurred as part of the treatment for a sickness or injury incurred during the resort stay.
- While insurance coverages are subject to an exclusion for pre-existing conditions, this exclusion is waived as long as traveller was not disabled from travel at the time the plan was purchased on their behalf.
- The necessary transportation furnished by a professional ambulance company to and from a hospital. Maximum Benefit of US$100,000 Per Person.
- If a guest’s travel plans are delayed due to quarantine the Travel Protection Plan would reimburse expenses for additional accommodations, meal and local transportation. Maximum Benefit US$200 Per Day, Per Person and up to US$2,800.
- Should a guest need medical evacuation, the Travel Protection Plan will cover the cost of the transfer to the nearest hospital capable of providing treatment for a sickness or injury that is acute or life-threatening. Once treatment is received and evacuation is approved by the Program Medical Advisor, transportation would be covered for the return home. Maximum Benefit US$100,000 Per Person.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for eligibility and access to assistance.
CANCELLATION PROTECTION BENEFIT
From now until Dec. 31, 2020, guests booking a Luxury Included Vacation will have the added perk of knowing they can cancel their vacation at least 31 days before arrival and receive a full refund on the land portion of their vacation with zero penalties.
Guests cancelling 30-15 days before arrival will receive a combination of a 50% refund and 50% travel certificate for future travel to any Sandals or Beaches resort within 12 months.
Travellers also have the added perk of cancelling within 14 days and up to the day of arrival for a travel certificate valid for 12 months from original travel date.
This benefit is provided by Unique Vacations Inc. and is not an insurance benefit.
For more information about the new plans go to https://www.sandals.com/disclaimers/travelprotectionplan/ and https://www.beaches.com/disclaimers/travelprotectionplan/