GENEVA — MSC Seascape’s launch this December will include the debut of thrill ride ROBOTRON, billed as a rollercoaster at sea combined with a personalized DJ music experience.
The ship will also feature two brand-new VR experiences and many other high-tech entertainment options.
“We are excited to provide guests with endless high-tech entertainment options on board MSC Seascape to meet the desires of adrenaline-seekers looking to experience the latest thrills. ROBOTRON, the first-ever robotic amusement ride to appear on a cruise ship, will create a new standard of fun with an immersive, customized ride experience, unique to each rider,” said MSC Cruises’ SVP Onboard Revenues, Brandon Briggs.
THE BRAND NEW ROBOTRON
ROBOTRON is described as a state-of-the-art robotic arm with an attached gondola that seats three guests – flying them 173 feet above the sea. Riders will have an unobstructed and 360° view of the horizon as they hang over the edge of the deck, twist and turn upside down in different directions, and flip upside down.
The ride will offer a personalized DJ experience where guests can craft their musical journey with colours, music preferences and more. Riders can also select the level of intensity for the ride, making ROBOTRON family-friendly as well.
MORE HIGH-TECH ATTRACTIONS
In addition to ROBOTRON, other high-tech entertainment features onboard MSC Seascape include …
- VR 360° Flight Simulator: This immersive simulator is called ‘the ultimate virtual roller coaster experience’, complete with VR headsets and impressive special effects. Passengers can choose from various worlds in which to dive into a thrill ride like no other.
- VR motorbikes: Anyone with a need for speed will love MSC Seascape’s new VR motorbikes, where players will feel transported into the racing ring, with wind and water effects to complete the experience.
- MSC Formula Racer: Perfect for car racing enthusiasts ready to get their high-speed fix, this activity will place guests in the driver’s seat for a racing simulation game with realistic effects.
- Immersive XD Cinema: Through the use of 3D glasses, guests can dive into alternate worlds to battle it out against fearsome virtual enemies.
MSC Seascape’s naming ceremony is scheduled for Dec. 7, 2022 in New York. The ship will then move to PortMiami to offer two different Caribbean itineraries …
- Eastern Caribbean: Calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve and Nassau in The Bahamas, San Juan and Puerto Plata
- Western Caribbean: Calling at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Cozumel in Mexico, George Town and Ocho Rios