FORT LAUDERDALE — Registration is now open for Cruise Lines International Association’s (CLIA) 2013 National Cruise Vacation Week (NCVW) from Oct. 20–27.
The World’s Largest Cruise Sale is the most successful sales promotion in the cruise industry, says CLIA. Participating CLIA member agents and agencies have exclusive access to special offers, packages and cruise deals for their clients. Now in its third year, NCVW is the centrepiece of National Cruise Month, which promotes special cruise offers throughout October. Generating millions in cruise sales and commissions, NCVW is supported by:
- a dedicated NCVW website with tools and resources including an e-guide to planning, holding and promoting a successful NCVW sales event, whether it be a traditional, virtual or both;
- a special NCVW video by CLIA President and CEO Christine Duffy that agents can use to help sell consumers on booking a cruise during NCVW;
- marketing and sales support from all 26 CLIA North America member cruise lines;
- a comprehensive and robust public relations, advertising and social media campaign;
- coverage in consumer media, print advertising, online and broadcast media; and
- a weekly cruise prize segment throughout October on Wheel of Fortune.
“There’s no other trade promotion in the travel industry of the size and scope of National Cruise Vacation Week,” says Christine Duffy, CLIA President & CEO. “Last year more than 7,000 U.S. and Canadian agents and agencies registered to host live and online events and with enhancements to the NCVW website for both cruise lines and our agent members, we expect this year’s event to be even more successful.”
Agents who register for NCVW, which is free for CLIA members, are provided special cruise line offers for their clients, such as free upgrades, two-for-one pricing, onboard credits and other cruise deals that are available only during National Cruise Vacation Week, and can only be sold by current CLIA member agents and agencies. Details for all the promotions, as well as easily downloadable marketing support materials, are on the dedicated, newly designed NCVW website, ncvw.cruising.org.
Registration for NCVW is as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Open a new browser window at ncvw.cruising.org
2. Log in by entering your CLIA I.D. #
3. Complete the profile – registration is free.
Agents who participated in prior year campaigns still need to register and include complete details to be part of the 2013 campaign.
For more information about NCVW and CLIA, visit cruising.org/travelagents.