TORONTO — The countdown is on until Brand USA’s ‘USA Training Day’ for Canadian travel agents, taking place virtually on June 23.
The event, which will be available on Brand USA Global Marketplace, will connect Canadian agents with the U.S. travel industry in preparation for the reopening of the Canada-U.S. border. Agents will also learn about Brand USA’s resources and tools designed to sell, promote and inspire travel to the USA. There will be an opportunity to hear directly from destinations themselves, as well as the National Park Service and some of Brand USA’s receptive tour operator partners.
In addition, by attending the training, agents will have the chance to win travel prizes during the USA Networking and Training Day quiz. Prizes include two Air Canada tickets and USA land packages.
Agents must register by June 21 on Brand USA’s Global Marketplace.
The USA Training Day program is as follows:
- 11:30-11:32 a.m. EDT – Welcome and Introduction, Chris Thompson
- 11:32 a.m.-12:00 p.m. EDT – Brand USA Travel Trade Resources, Suzy Shepard
- 12:00-12:20 p.m. EDT – Keynote on National Parks, Donald Leadbetter, Tourism Program Manager, U.S. National Park Service
- 12:20-1:35 p.m. EDT – Regional Destination Training
- 1:35-2:00 p.m. EDT – Kahoot! Quiz, networking and further Q&A
- 2:00 p.m. EDT – Session ends
Chris Thompson, CEO of Brand USA, encouraged agents to register for the event during Travelweek’s recent ‘Future of Travel: Sunnier Days Ahead’ virtual conference.
“As we begin welcoming our friends and visitors to the north back, there’s going to be a lot of questions that has to do with travel policy,” he said. “The reach and relevance that the travel trade has with their clients is going to be a critical role in our ability to be able to welcome people back once we have a safe environment.”