WASHINGTON — CLIA has opened enrolment for its 2019 Travel Agency Membership and Individual Agent Membership (IAM) programs.
CLIA Membership provides booking credentials (agency) and the CLIA EMBARC ID (agents). It also opens up access to professional development, cruise line bonus commissions, cruise line trainings and webinars, as well as exclusive personal travel perks and discounts, says CLIA.
Travel agencies interested in joining can apply for a Travel Agency Membership. Individual Agent Membership is open to travel agents associated with a 2019 CLIA Travel Agency Member.
Additional CLIA member benefits include:
- 2019 CLIA EMBARC ID: All Individual Agent Members receive the CLIA EMBARC ID, the official credential of the global cruise industry. EMBARC ID offers preferred member pricing for Cruise360 and other events, as well as access to CLIA member benefits, including cruise line and partner commissions.
- Professional Development: CLIA’s professional development and training programs deliver education to travel agents and other industry professionals and are available in a variety of formats to make it convenient to keep skills polished or become certified through CLIA’s members-only certification programs.
- Commissions and Travel Perks: Bonus commissions and personal travel discounts from cruise lines and partners. Travel Agency Members receive $3,475 in cruise line commission bonus and Individual Agent Members receive more than $3,000 in cruise line bonus commissions. 96% of cruise line bonus commissions submitted were paid.
- Exclusive Members-Only Discounts: Discounted pricing on CLIA and Executive Partner products, including CLIA courses, event registrations and more.
- Connect with Key Cruise Line, Destination and Industry Representatives: CLIA events, including Cruise360, the largest and only official conference of the cruise industry, provide an opportunity to network with others in the industry while getting a week’s worth of professional development, ship inspections, and the latest industry trends.
- Relevant and Timely Information: CLIA’s monthly Travel Agent Cruise News delivers the latest information on the fourth Tuesday of the month. Members also receive regular CLIA emails with members-only news alerts and professional development opportunities.
- Agent Finder: Get listed on CLIA’s online Agent Finder to promote services to consumers looking for knowledgeable and reliable cruise-focused travel professionals. Individual Agent Membership includes a complimentary listing beneath each agency’s listing.
- Cruise TV: Engaging and informative videos that can be shared directly with clients, through social media or email.
- Choose Cruise: Special members-only resources and promotions that help agents make the most of CLIA’s annual consumer-based Choose Cruise campaign, generating positive awareness of cruise travel.
To learn more about CLIA Travel Agency and Individual Agent Membership see cruising.org/joinclia.