SANTA CLARITA — New details have emerged about Princess Cruises’ latest ship, the Majestic Princess, which will be the cruise line’s most luxurious ship to date.
Departing April 4, 2017, the luxury vessel will sail on her inaugural voyage, a five-day Adriatic Sea cruise roundtrip from Rome with stops in Kotor and Corfu. From there, she will tour Europe on seven-, 14- and 28-day cruises departing from Rome, Barcelona or Athens. A repositioning voyage will depart Barcelona on May 14, 2017, visiting Dubai and Singapore before arriving in Shanghai, her new home. She will then begin her first cruise from its homeport in Shanghai on July 11, carrying 3,560 guests to a variety of destinations in Japan and Korea.
“Over the past 50 years, we have developed a mastery of global travel, delivering a truly international cruise vacation experience to our guests,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “With the debut of Majestic Princess, first in Europe and then in China, we invite guests to indulge in a world-class experience that allows them to completely relax, unwind and ultimately ‘come back new.’”
The Majestic Princess will offer the following:
- Two new specialty restaurants: Harmony, featuring haute Chinese cuisine, and Le Bistrot, offering French home-style dining with a modern twist
- The exclusive Chef’s Table Lumiere, an engaging dining experience personally hosted by the Princess Executive Chef
- The award-winning Crown Grill & Bar, an American steakhouse, as well as Alfredo’s, named after Princess Cruises’ Master Chef Alfredo Marzi and offering a selection of classic Italian cuisine and signature Neapolitan-style pizzas
- All staterooms feature the new Princess Luxury bed, featuring a custom-made mattress
- 80% of Majestic Princess’ staterooms include a private balcony
- Two live shows: ‘Fiera’ and ‘Fantastic Journey’, both of which have garnered rave reviews across the Princess fleet
- The signature SeaWalk, the industry’s first glass floor walkway at sea
- The Piazza Atrium, the central focal point of the ship featuring live entertainment throughout the day and evening
For more information go to princess.com.