CALIFORNIA — It’s a golden year for Princess Cruises, which just launched its 50th year sailing in Alaska with the arrival of Ruby Princess in Ketchikan and Juneau this past weekend.
Seven Princess cruises ships in total will sail to Alaska this summer with the inaugural season of Royal Princess beginning on May 11. New programs will be available onboard all Princess cruises ships in Alaska from May through September, marking the cruise line’s largest deployment ever.
Alaska cruises range in length from seven to 12 days and depart from Vancouver, Anchorage (Whittier), Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles.
New cruisetour offerings for 2019 include Fannie Q’s Saloon at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, a restaurant and bar that showcases the story of Alaskan pioneer Fannie Quigley, as well as the Fireside Patio, which provides a place of gathering for guests to gather and roast marshmallows, discuss adventures and have a drink in the midnight sun. The Grizzly Burger is also a new fast-casual restaurant serving the cruise line’s award-winning “Ernesto” burger.
Additionally, specially-themed offerings for Princess’ 50th anniversary year are being added to its ‘North to Alaska’ onboard lineup. Guests will be able to enter the indoor planetarium in the Princess Theatre to look up at the Northern Lights. Plus, McKinley, ‘Mac’ the Moose will be onboard 2019 Alaska sailings starting in May, with life-size characters making special appearances for photo opps.
As for new shore excursions in Juneau, Ketchikan and Icy Strait Point, the following will be available:
- Hubbard Glacier & Wilderness Exploration – Hubbard Glacier
- Luxury Whale Watch by Yacht – Juneau
- Interactive Self-Guided Jeep Adventure – Juneau
- Ketchikan Pub Walk – Ketchikan
- Rainforest Trail Bike & Hike Adventure – Ketchikan
- Seafood Feast & Tribal Dance Show – Icy Strait Point
- Tree Top Adventure Park & Zipline – Icy Strait Point
- Adventure Park & ZipRider Combo – Icy Strait Point
- Wilderness Hike & Kayak Adventure – Icy Strait Point
- Discovering the Birds of Hoonah – Icy Strait Point
In other Princess news, the cruise line has announced a new limited-time sale to worldwide destinations through June 4, 2019.
The sale, applicable to the first two guests booked in a stateroom, include:
- Free onboard spending money, up to US$500 per stateroom, based on cruise length, destination and stateroom category
- Gratuities, based on stateroom category (does not include gratuities for onboard charges including bar, dining room wine accounts and spa)
- 2-for-1 deposit, offering a 10% deposit of the total cruise fare, a reduction from the standard required 20% cruise fare deposit
Guests can also save up to 30% on select cruises. Savings are based on a per person discount of applicable launch fares on a space-available basis at time of bookings. Savings apply to first and second guests in a stateroom.
For more information visit princess.com.