NEWPORT BEACH — Preferred Hotels & Resorts has expanded its preferred Residences collection with 13 new members for a total of 100 residential-style properties.
The new additions, made from Jan. 1 through Oct. 31, reflect the brand’s strong growth trajectory and its commitment to develop best-in-class transient lodging experiences for families, friends and business travellers. Preferred Residences was introduced as one of Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ five collections in 2015.
“Today’s luxury travellers are seeking distinctive, residential-style lodging options, whether that is a countryside villa or a city-center apartment, that connect them to their chosen destination and its unique culture while enjoying a space that caters to their specific needs, whether it is for a special one-night celebration or an extended relocation, and we are pleased to continue catering to this growing need through Preferred Residences,” said Michelle Woodley, President, Preferred Hotels & Resorts. “Reaching the 100th property mark demonstrates our commitment to this expanding travel segment and sets the pace for 2020 when we will continue to welcome memorable properties that range from city-center serviced apartments to countryside villas and bungalows to satisfy the demands of curious travelers seeking inspiration and comfort when their journeys take them away from home.”
Highlights of the new additions, which range from stand-alone homes in resort destinations to stylish apartments in popular metropoles, include:
Ultima Collection (France and Switzerland)
• Ultima Genève (Geneva, Switzerland, launching December 2019): Located just 20 minutes from Geneva’s scenic city centre, this three-storey villa offers sun-drenched terraces, manicured gardens, nine bedrooms including a master suite with private terrace, a cinema, wellness space and a swimming pool. A private dining room seats up to 14 people in addition to a separate private teppanyaki dining restaurant for 12 people.
• Ultima Courcheval (Courchevel 1650, France, launching December 2019): Considered one of the most anticipated new openings of the 2019-2020 ski season, this property boasts 13 private chalets each with four master suites, three restaurants, a spa with indoor and outdoor pools, and a wellbeing centre.
• The Guardsman (London, UK, launching April 2020): Located on the prestigious Buckingham Gate, the new property offers six residences occupying the top three floors and 53 guestrooms. Each residence includes one, two or three bedrooms along with living and dining spaces and fully-equipped kitchens.
• 26 Sunset Villa (Cape Town, South Africa); This villa can accommodate up to 12 guests across six suites featuring floor-to-ceiling windows that open onto private decks with 180-degree views of the ocean. Facilities include a heated outdoor pool, steam room, private cinema and a fully-equipped kitchen in addition to a butler and private chef services.
• Marival Distinct Luxury Residences (Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico): Located within Riviera Nayarit, this all-inclusive resort offers 162 one- to four-bedroom residences, penthouses and villas that cater to families of all sizes. Other selling points include adult-only areas, and a kids club with game rooms, movie nights, tennis and babysitting.
Other properties to join Preferred Residences in 2019 include:
· Las Terrazas de Abama (Tenerife, Spain)
· Ultima Megève(Megève, France)
· Ultima Crans-Montana (Crans-Montana, Switzerland)
· Living Cefiro by Stara (Mexico City, Mexico)
· Marco Beach Ocean Resort (Marco Island, Florida)
· Locanda Rossa (Capalbio, Italy)
· JA Oasis Beach Tower (Dubai Marina, Dubai)
· La Résidence Paris (Paris, France)