TORONTO — In response to passenger demand, Porter Airlines is adding weekend flights to seven current routes. Increased service to and from Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport begins Sept. 20, 2014, for the fall travel season.
- Boston: Additional Saturday and Sunday return flights
- Chicago: Supplementary Saturday return flight
- Ottawa: Two more Saturday return flights, service begins Sept. 6, 2014
- Thunder Bay: Additional Saturday and Sunday return flights
- Windsor: One extra Saturday return flight
- Timmins: Added Saturday and Sunday return flights
- New York (Newark): Two additional Saturday return flights, plus one extra flight from Toronto to Newark on Saturday and one more Newark to Toronto flight on Sunday.
“We are seeing an uptick in weekend travel as more passengers experience the benefit of using Porter’s award-winning service at convenient Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. This trend is a key factor in our decision to augment our service schedule,” said Robert Deluce, president and CEO of Porter Airlines. “These enhancements give travellers increased flexibility when planning a weekend getaway or return from a business trip.”
Porter has also seen an increase in passengers connecting through Toronto and this schedule change provides greater connecting flight options across Porter’s network.