MADRID — Palladium Hotel Group has announced reopening dates for resorts in Mexico, Jamaica and the D.R.
Palladium has also launched a new insurance offering available to all guests, Canadians included, staying at any Grand Palladium or TRS Hotel in Mexico, Jamaica and the D.R. (and Brazil).
The new insurance coverage is designed to protect guests “against any unforeseen circumstances related to the current Covid-19 pandemic,” says the company.
Already open are Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres Resort & Spa and TRS Coral Hotel in Cancun, and Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa (July 1), as well as Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa and Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa (July 10).
Looking later into July, Dominican Fiesta in Santo Domingo will open July 27.
This fall, Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino, Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa and TRS Turquesa Hotel, all in Punta Cana, will reopen Oct. 9.
Meanwhile TRS Cap Cana in the D.R., plus Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa and TRS Yucatan Hotel, all in Riviera Maya, are eyeing Oct. 30.
Palladium Hotel Group says it has developed strict health and safety protocols certified by SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. The company has rolled out new cleanliness protocols and employee training.
Pilar Arizmendi-Stewart, VP of Sales and Marketing for the Americas for Palladium Hotel Group, says that “considering the uncertainty of these times, Palladium Hotel Group wants guests to travel with confidence; that is why we are looking to continue enforcing our brand pillars of innovation, technology, and service-driven approach.”
She adds that Palladium Hotel Group “is a family-owned business, and throughout the years, our guests have become part of our extended family; equipping our hotels with the best tools and protocols that can enhance their wellbeing is of the utmost importance for us.”
New technologies include an ozone and mist disinfection system that purifies the air, and allergen-free purified rooms.
“Our goal is to gain travellers’ trust and show our commitment to their safety without compromising a memorable vacation experience,” says Arizmendi-Stewart.
Palladium Hotel Group says it will provide new medical care insurance for the reopening of its hotels in the Americas and in Spain to protect guests against any unforeseen circumstances from the current health emergency.
Clients will have several services included for any incident directly related to COVID-19 that may arise during their stay, including expenses for any illness arising during stays, medical transfer of patients, the extension of stays, and more.
The insurance will be available free of charge for a year for all guests who book direct and through tour operators or travel agents.
The coverage includes:
- Expenses for any illness arising during the stay in the hotel up to € 3,000 (about Cdn$4,653) and for Covid-19 infection up to € 100,000 (about Cdn$155,099). These expenses include medical fees, medicines from the medical care provided, as well as hospitalization expenses and ambulance expenses requested by a doctor.
- Medical transfer of patients: whenever the guest is unable to continue the trip due to the virus and needs to go to a hospital or return home, the transfer will be covered for various means of transport such as train, plane, helicopter or ambulance.
- Emergency transfer to hospital: if a serious illness occurs that requires immediate assistance, this service will assume the transfer both to and from the hotel to the nearest hospital or clinic. This service would also include medical surveillance if necessary.
- Extension of stay: in the event that the affected client does not have to be hospitalized and the doctor prescribes the need to stay in the hotel, the policy will cover the expenses derived from prolonging their stay and that of three of their companions up to a maximum of € 75 a day for 10 days.
- Repatriation: in the event of death, Palladium Hotel Group’s new medical care insurance will organize the repatriation of the deceased and will assume the cost of other expenses such as those derived from administrative formalities, among others.
- Sending a driver for medical reasons: if due to illness the guest is unable to drive his / her own vehicle, the client may request that a professional driver or another person drive their vehicle to their home.
- Return of the companions: finally, clients can also feel completely reassured that, if any eventuality occurs, the insurance will cover any type of transfer of three of their companions to the affected person’s hospitalization place or habitual residence. that would be done through the most convenient means of transportation.
Palladium says the coverage will be available completely free of charge for one year “from the moment we re-open each property, while we navigate with this pandemic.” Amounts are in Euros, which will be converted to local currency’s exchange rate of the date of the transaction.
Flexible booking policies also mean that guests have the option to change to another Palladium Hotel Group property within the same brand in a different destination with no additional fees or cancellation penalties. Guests who book at Grand Palladium Hotels & Resorts and TRS Hotels can cancel up to two days before check-in with no charge.