TORONTO — Aeroplan has added Oman Air and Air Mauritius to its roster of more than 40 airline travel partners.
Oman Air operates flights from its hub in Muscat throughout the Mid-East, several European gateways, the Indian Sub-Continent, South Asia, as well as to popular adventure destinations in Africa. Air Mauritius meanwhile operates flights to its European gateways Paris Charles de Gaulle and London Heathrow, as well as to Mumbai, Johannesburg, Madagascar, Réunion and Rodrigues
Aeroplan says these new partnerships expand its coverage in the region, plus Aeroplan members can now access even more premium air products. Members will be able to earn on or redeem for Oman Air’s Apex Suite in the Business Class cabin, as well as the Private Suite in the First Class cabin. Air Mauritius is the first airline in the world to operate both the new generation A350-900 and A330-900neo.
Aeroplan is the only frequent flyer program in North America offering the opportunity to earn and redeem on Oman Air and Air Mauritius flights. While initially Aeroplan Members will only be able to redeem for Air Mauritius flights, accrual of Aeroplan points is anticipated to be launched in early 2022.
Here are other need-to-knows …
- Flights will be priced based on Aeroplan’s pricing for partner airlines.
- Flights can be combined with flights operated by Air Canada and our other international airline partners.
- Oman Air flights are eligible for redemption in First, Business, and Economy classes.
- Air Mauritius flights are eligible for redemption in Business and Economy classes
- The partner booking fee will apply for flight rewards which include travel on Oman Air or Air Mauritius.
Oman Air and Air Mauritius are the ninth and tenth new airlines to join Aeroplan since June 2020. Aeroplan says: “We look forward to sharing details of additional airline partners in the months ahead.”