ANAHEIM, CA — Nexion Travel Group-Canada named its 2022 Rising Star at its annual conference CoNexion, held at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim.
This year’s winner is Anita Gray, owner of Bliss Travels based in London, ON.
Awarded annually, the Rising Star award is presented to a Nexion Travel Group-Canada member who is new to the industry. The award recognizes fresh talent who have the potential to be among the best travel advisors at Nexion Travel Group-Canada.
Mike Foster, President of Nexion Travel Group-Canada, says Gray was chosen by Nexion Travel Group-Canada leadership based on her sales with preferred supplier partners, her enthusiastic adoption of the host agency’s tools and technologies, participation in educational and professional development activities, and her willingness to learn how to continuously improve as a travel advisor.
“Anita is one of the most disciplined travel advisors I know,” said Foster. “She has a passion for travel and loves to learn. Anita understands that successful travel advisors are the products of a lot of hard work and establishing positive supplier relationships, and that’s what propels her to the top. On behalf of everyone at Nexion Travel Group-Canada, I congratulate Anita on this outstanding achievement.”
Gray joined Nexion Travel Group-Canada in February 2021. Her agency, Bliss Travels, specializes in European destinations, beach vacations and sports travel. During her time with Nexion, Gray set out and achieved her goals for success and regularly attends local Nexion events in Canada. Foster adds that as a newer travel advisor, Gray also serves as an ambassador for potential Nexion members, sharing her story and experience.
Also at the CoNexion conference, Nexion Travel Group announced Its preferred partner award winners, as voted by Nexion members in a variety of categories.
The top award, Best Overall Supplier, was given to AmaWaterways. As a top partner of Nexion, AmaWaterways has supported Nexion members, offering superior service, education and commissions.
“AmaWaterways has long been a champion of travel advisors,” said Jackie Friedman, CTC, CTIE, President of Nexion Travel Group. “Our members know that, and have chosen to recognize their support with the Best Overall Supplier Award. AmaWaterways is a shining light for our advisors.”
Other Preferred Partner Awards were given in the following categories (with a mix of U.S. and Canadian winners)…
- Best Package Tour Operator: Delta Vacations
- Best Escorted/FIT Operator: Globus family of brands
- Best Luxury Tour Operator: Tauck
- Best Canadian Land Operator: Air Canada Vacations
- Best Resort Partner: Sandals & Beaches Resorts
- Best Ground Transportation: Enterprise Holdings
- Best Travel Insurance Providers: AIG Travel and Allianz Partners
- Best Hotel Company: Marriott International
- Best Specialty Supplier: Project Expedition
- Best Rail Supplier: Rocky Mountaineer
- Best Domestic U.S. Airline: Delta Air Lines
- Best Domestic Canada Airline: Air Canada
- Best International Airline: United Airlines
- Best Contemporary Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean International
- Best Premium/Upper Premium Cruise Line: Celebrity Cruises
- Best Luxury Cruise Line: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Best River Cruise Line: AmaWaterways
- Best Advisor Booking Tool: VAX Vacation Access
- Best Advisor Support: AgentMate
- Best Supplier Travel Agent Education Program: Royal Caribbean University
- Best Supplier Customer Service (Call Center): Princess Cruises
- Best Supplier Sales Representative/BDM, U.S.: Mitch Platt, Strategic Business Development Manager, Azamara
- Best Supplier Sales Representative/BDM, Canada: Sandra Pennington, Field Sales Manager, Celebrity Cruises