MIAMI — Spring 2022 looks chock-full of adventure for Crystal Expeditions, which has announced a series of new voyages in Antarctica, South America and Europe.
Sailing aboard the Crystal Endeavor and currently open for sale, the new voyages will take place from March 1 to April 29, 2022, collectively visiting 31 ports in nine countries across three continents. They will feature extended stays and several overnight calls in charming locales like Málaga and Seville in Spain, Monaco, Montel Carlo, and Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Puerto Del Rosario in the Canary Islands.
The new voyages replace four cruises to West Africa that have been cancelled due to the uncertainty of the omicron variant.
Following these new voyages, Crystal Endeavor will operate its previously announced schedule of voyages to Europe, Iceland and Greenland, including summer Arctic voyages, beginning on April 29, 2022, before heading back for another season in Antarctica in November 2022.
“We are very pleased that our talented itinerary planning team was able to create these immersive new sailings aboard the new Crystal Endeavor, which has garnered worldwide acclaim for her unique onboard experience that combines bold adventure with the finest in luxury travel,” said Jack Anderson, Crystal president.
The new 10- to 15-night voyages include the following:
- 14-Night Voyage from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires (March 1-15, 2022): The two-week-long “South Georgia Wildlife Expedition & Uruguay” voyage will spend four full days exploring remote South Georgia with two Zodiac landings planned each day. Other highlights include the final resting place of famed explorer Ernest Shackleton, and visits to the Uruguayan ports of Punta del Este and Montevideo. Guests on this voyage enjoy complimentary one-way chartered air from Miami to Ushuaia and a pre-cruise hotel stay in Ushuaia.
- 15-Night from Buenos Aires to Santa Cruz de Tenerife (March 15-30, 2022): Highlighted by a multi-day trans-Atlantic crossing, this “Buenos Aires to the Canary Islands” voyage calls at Montevideo and Punta del Este followed by a visit to Sao Filipe (Fogo Island) in the Cape Verde Islands.
- 10-Night cruise from Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Lisbon (March 30-April 9, 2022): This “Canary Islands & Madeira Archipelago Discovery” sailing visits to Santa Cruz de la Palma, Puerto de la Estaca/El Hierro, San Sebastian de la Gomera, Puerto Del Rosario (overnight call), and Arrecife in the Canary Islands, followed by stops at Funchal (overnight call), Ilha De Porto Santo/Madeira and Lagos, Portugal.
- 10-Night cruise from Lisbon to Barcelona (April 9-19, 2022): This “Seville, Andalucía & Balearic Islands Discovery” adventure will feature a call in Portimão, Portugal following a full two-day call in Seville, along with visits to Málaga, Alicante, Castellon de la Plana, Port de Soller and Mahon, Spain. Guests will have the rare opportunity to cruise the Guadalquivir River through the Andalusian countryside and visit the fishing and shipbuilding town of Portimão in Portugal’s Algarve region.
- 10-Night cruise from Barcelona to Málaga (April 19-29, 2022): This “Rivieras & Mediterranean Isles Discovery” takes place in the spring and includes some of the continent’s most famous resort towns: St. Tropez, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco (overnight call); Nice, France; Portofino, Italy; Bastia (Corsica), France; Porto Cervo (Sardinia), Italy; Ibiza and Málaga, Spain (overnight call).
The Crystal Endeavor is luxuriously outfitted with expansive private and public spaces, including all-verandah, all butler-serviced suites that are among the largest in the expedition cruising. Onboard, guests will also enjoy Michelin-inspired dining options including Umi Uma, the first and only Japanese restaurant on an expedition ship, the only casino on an expedition yacht, a two-storey, glass-covered solarium, a full-service spa, and a wraparound Promenade Deck.