To help travel agents reassure client concerns about the Coronavirus, TICO has issued a special Registrar Bulletin that includes relevant tips and information.
MIAMI — Norwegian Spirit’s top-to-bottom makeover is complete, with the newly enhanced ship emerging from a 43-day dry dock today in Marseille, France.
As part of Norwegian Cruise Line’s Norwegian Edge program, the US$100 million renovation included the addition of 14 new venues, updated staterooms and public areas and new hull art. This marks the most extensive bow-to-stern revitalization of any ship in the cruise line’s history.
“It is truly exciting to celebrate Norwegian Spirit’s sail out of dry dock to incredible destinations following her significant renovation,” said Harry Sommer, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line. “Europe is the number one destination for international arrivals, and we are very proud to position Norwegian Spirit for her first post-dry-dock season in this high-demand region.”
The Norwegian Spirit will set sail on a series of 17-, 20- and 28-day exotic expeditions spanning three continents, departing from Civitavecchia, Italy on Feb. 14, Dubai on March 2, and Cape Town on March 22 before homeporting in Athens for the first time on April 19. It will then sail seven-day voyages to the Greek Isles, Turkey and Israel through Nov. 8, 2020. Ports include Rhodes, Mykonos, Santorini, Corfu, Kusadasi, Ashdod, Haifa, Limassol as well as new additions Patmos and Volos in Greece.
Moreover, NCL has eliminated all single-use plastic beverage bottles onboard the Norwegian Spirit as part of its ongoing effort to provide a more sustainable experience at sea. From Jan. 1, it became the first major cruise line to eliminate single-use plastic beverage bottles across its entire fleet, made possible through a new partnership with JUST Goods, Inc.
Here is a list of new enhancements onboard the Norwegian Spirit:
• Mandara Spa has doubled in size and now boasts a new thermal suite and relaxation area
• Pulse Fitness Center has been expanded
• The second Onda by Scarpetta restaurant at sea has been introduced
• New complimentary dining venues include an additional main dining room, Taste; the 24-hour eatery, The Local Bar and Grill; the all-day dining outlet, Garden Café; the Great Outdoors Bar; and Waves Pool Bar
• Brand new is Bliss Ultra Lounge and Spinnaker Lounge, which houses the Humidor Cigar Lounge and the adults-only Spice H20, a daytime lounge featuring two new hot tubs and a dedicated bar that transforms in to an after-hours entertainment venue