TORONTO — Starting in April 2018 Hurtigruten will set sail along the East Coast with a focus on northeastern Canada and the U.S. Eastern Seaboard.
Best known as the largest cruise operator in Antarctica, and sailing to the most remote destinations as well as year-round along Norway’s coast, Hurtigruten has now added more than half a dozen new North American coastal itineraries. The company’s ships each carry 100 to 646 guests, allowing travellers “to enjoy the scenery and culture of the destination in a relaxed atmosphere”, says Hurtigruten.
Highlights of the new 2018 lineup include:
- Coastal Gems of America – Southbound: North America’s eastern seaboard offers a striking variety of cultures, historic sites, and dramatic natural scenery. A 13-day journey from Halifax to Miami.
Coastal Gems of America – Northbound: The reverse trip, starting in Miami and sailing into New York to experience the Big Apple, and discovering Maine’s magnificent coast, before arriving in Halifax.
- Navigating the Northeast and Atlantic Canada: Inviting explorers to experience the raw beauty of Newfoundland, small-town charm in the state of Maine, and the historic site of Louisbourg, this cruise ends in the Big Apple to cap off an amazing trip. A 16-day trip from New York to St. John’s.
- Coastal Journey of Down East Maine and Acadia: Start in New York, discover Maine’s peaceful and magnificent coast and hike in the wilderness, enjoy stops in charming small towns and cosmopolitan Boston, and experience an exploration day adventure along the way. Eight days, from New York to Halifax.
- Gulf of St. Lawrence and Bays of Eastern Canada: 11 days, from New York to Halifax, exploring Newfoundland’s rugged coastline.
- Discovering the Untouched Beauty of Greenland and Arctic Canada: Discover Newfoundland and Labrador´s towering mountains, massive rock faces, deep forests and an infinite supply of lakes and rivers. A 17-day trip from Copenhagen to Halifax.
- A Voyage Through Arctic Canada and Iceland: Canada’s Atlantic coastline and its evergreen forests, rolling farmland, breathtaking mountains, and remote settlements. From Halifax, to Reykjavik, 14 days.
For more details see hurtigruten.us/destinations/north-america/.