MYRTLE BEACH — As the U.S. eases land border restrictions with Canada, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is welcoming Canadian visitors to the Grand Strand with special travel deals and discounts.
All the deals, plus information for planning a client’s upcoming trip to The Beach; and details about health and testing requirements, can be found at VisitMyrtleBeach.ca.
“Myrtle Beach has long been a hot spot for snowbirds seeking to find warmth and recreation along our 60 miles of beaches,” said Karen Riordan, President and CEO of Visit Myrtle Beach. “Now, with the Canadian border reopening to vaccinated travellers, we are especially thrilled to see our neighbours from Canada again and just in time for our holiday season and our Can-Am Days.”
The annual Myrtle Beach Can-Am Days Festival is scheduled for March 12 – 20, 2022, she added.
The “Welcome Back, Canadians” deals available in Myrtle Beach include …
- Beach Cove Resort – Save up to 50% on stays of seven nights or longer. Valid Nov. 5, 2021 – Jan. 1, 2023
- Ocean Creek Resort – Book at seven-night stay and save up to 55%. Valid Nov. 5, 2021 – Jan. 1, 2023
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort – Receive US$10 in resort credit for each night valid for use at retail and dining locations throughout the resort. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Condo-World Resort Properties – Save up to 30% on oceanfront condos. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Funplex Myrtle Beach – Save US$3 on admissions and $5 on refreshments. Minimum purchase required. Valid through April 30, 2022
- Island Vista – Receive 25% off select rooms. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Hotel Blue – Save up to half off on stays of seven nights or longer. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022
- Carolina Winds Resort – Book a stay of 7 nights or longer and receive up to 52% off. Valid through Dec. 31, 2022.
And there’s news on attractions, accommodations and dining options too …
- Funplex Myrtle Beach – Located just a few steps from the beach on 14th Ave, the Funplex Myrtle Beach is designed for families and thrill seekers alike.
- Huntington Beach State Park Nature Center – The new nature center is $1.2 million investment and features a birding area, a classroom and an exhibit area with live animals.
- New Craft Breweries – Grand Strand Brewing Company in downtown Myrtle Beach produces a variety of handmade beers to be available in its taproom. Crooked Hammock Brewery in Barefoot Landing is an all-ages backyard escape with indoor/outdoor seating for 500+ guests, firepits, hammocks, outdoor games, and a bar set over the lake.
- SkyWheel Myrtle Beach – In celebration of the attraction’s 10th anniversary in 2021, SkyWheel underwent major renovations including a new wheel structure, refurbished interiors and exteriors of its 42 gondolas, and most noteworthy, a new lighting system allowing for more dynamic light shows.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton – New in 2021, Homewood Suites by Hilton offering apartment-style living near the beaches in the Grand Strand.