SANTA CLARITA — Caribbean Princess will emerge from an extensive two-week drydock in Freeport, Bahamas, March 26 – April 6 with a multi-million-dollar renovation including new offerings like a Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center, upgraded Movies Under the Stars, Princess Luxury Bed and interconnecting staterooms, just in time for the upcoming Europe summer and fall Caribbean seasons.
The ship will also be wired for the Ocean Medallion launch that will be available for the 2018 summer Caribbean season.
“With new amenities catering to families, Caribbean Princess not only provides comfort and technology to stay connected but enriching experiences that can be shared together as a family or in our new Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center – all renovated with the goal of helping our guests create lifelong memories,” said Jan Swartz, President of Princess Cruises.
New Caribbean Princess family-friendly features include:
- Camp Discovery: For cruisers ages three to 17, Caribbean Princess will now offer a reimagined youth center – Camp Discovery – created in partnership with Discovery Consumer Products, the licensing arm of Discovery Communications, as part of the cruise line’s Discovery at Sea program. Catering to specific age groups, there are three center themes where kids and teens can make new friends and participate in activities specially designed to help them Discover, Play, Create and Huddle, including:The Treehouse, ages 3-7 (formerly Pelicans): A bright, whimsical forest and animal-themed center including captivating creatures and hands-on activities for kids to focus on play time, creativity and the world around them.
The Lodge, ages 8-12 (formerly Shockwaves): Inspired by the great outdoors, this cozy center is filled with sports activities and fun places for kids to explore, hang out and lounge.
The Beach House, for ages 13-17 (formerly Remix) offers a contemporary surf-themed lounge, featuring a cool place for teens to hang out and socialize.
New youth and teen centre programming includes MythBusters science activities with new hands-on challenges, featuring show star, Tory Belleci. In addition, new Camp Discovery destination-themed programs focusing on Europe and the Caribbean to immerse young cruisers into the culture, nature and customs of this region.
- Interconnection Staterooms & Upgraded Accommodations: With families in mind, Caribbean Princess debuts 87 interconnecting staterooms, offering more room and comfort for all family members to enjoy.
- A new HD Movies Under the Stars outdoor movie screen will offer a higher resolution picture with double the image quality of previous systems. Guests will enjoy lively concerts and hit blockbuster movies with more sound power, truer colour, extreme wide angle viewing and smart contrast/brightness for optimal viewing any time of day.
- Caribbean Princess will receive 3,200 new beds and luxurious linens as part of the Princess Luxury Bed program.
- In addition, Caribbean Princess offers Club Class Mini-Suites, the new premium stateroom category featuring VIP amenities and exclusive dining. This elevated mini-suite category features select perks including new Club Class Dining, a reserved dining area with expedited seating and expanded menu options as well as priority embarkation and disembarkation.
More information on enhancements will be announced shortly.
The newly renovated Caribbean Princess will start its Europe season with a transatlantic sailing on April 6, continuing throughout the summer in the British Isles. The ship will then sail to the Panama Canal in October, transiting the new Agua Clara locks, spending the holiday season in the Caribbean.
Additionally, for the first time in four years, Princess Cruises offers Summer Caribbean cruises, including Panama Canal transits in 2018. The Caribbean Princess returns to sail on a full summer season of voyages ranging from seven-day Eastern and Western Caribbean to a 20-day Caribbean and Panama Canal Explorer.
The 2018 April to October summer program features 47 departures, roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, including eight unique itineraries visiting 23 destinations in 22 countries. In addition, four ports offer late night stays.