TORONTO — MSC Cruises is celebrating the resumption of its entire fleet of 19 ships, with the MSC Musica, its final ship, setting sail earlier this week for the first time since the start of the pandemic.
Having departed June 5, MSC Musica has kicked off its season of 23 planned seven-night summer 2022 voyages to Katakolon, Crete and Santorini in Greece as well as Bari, Italy.
Following the global cruise industry’s voluntary shutdown in March 2020 due to the pandemic, MSC Grandiosa became the first ship of any major cruise line to return to sea in August 2020, with MSC’s stringent health and safety protocols in place. This was followed by the launch of two new vessels in 2021 – MSC Virtuosa and MSC Seashore. Later this year, two additional ships will be added to MSC’s fleet: MSC Seascape and its first liquefied natural gas-powered vessel, MSC World Europa. Sales for both ships are open now.
On having its full fleet back at sea, Ian Patterson, Country Manager, MSC Cruises Canada, said: “It has been a challenge given the pandemic but our industry-leading health and safety protocol has put us in apposition of strength and confidence. So all our vessels are at sea to give our travel agent partners and their customers what they want: relaxing, enjoyable and above all else, safe cruise holidays.”
MSC’s full fleet deployment for summer 2022 is as follows:
- North America:MSC Divina – homeport Port Canaveral; MSC Seashore – homeport Miami
- East Mediterranean: MSC Armonia – homeport Venice/Marghera; MSC Fantasia – homeport Trieste; MSC Lirica – homeport Piraeus; MSC Musica – homeport Monfalcone/Venice; MSC Sinfonia – Venice/Marghera
- West Mediterranean:MSC Meraviglia – homeport Barcelona; MSC Opera – homeport Genoa; MSC Orchestra – homeport Genoa; MSC Seaside – homeport Genoa; MSC Seaview – homeport Genoa; MSC Splendida – homeport Genoa
- Northern Europe:MSC Grandiosa – homeport Kiel; MSC Magnifica – homeport Hamburg; MSC Poesia – homeport Warnemünde; MSC Preziosa – homeport Kiel; MSC Virtuosa – homeport Southampton
- Middle East:MSC Bellissima – homeports Dubai