FORT LAUDERDALE — MSC Cruises USA rewarded its Canadian partners in a big way at its 5th Annual MSC True Partnerships Awards.
The awards are presented to the cruise line’s top performing North American travel partners for the year based on overall business growth in revenue and guests, and continuous partnership support and marketing efforts that drive increased consumer awareness.
This year’s winners are as follows:
- Canadian Retail Partner of the Year: Expedia CruiseShipCenters
- Canadian Tour Operator Partner of the Year: TravelBrands – Encore Cruises
- Travel Agent Partner Western and Central Canada: Capital World Tours
- Travel Agent Partner Ontario: UCruising of Unionville
- Travel Agent Partner Quebec and Atlantic Canada: Expedia CruiseShipCenters, Laval
“This past year in Canada was especially strong for sales, even with a weakened loonie,” said Ian Patterson, director of business development in Canada. “We are eager to continue growth and are glad to see such positive response from partners, with a record number of agents adopting tools like MSC book to drive sales.”
Joe Jiffo, senior vice president of sales, added that 2017 was a particularly “outstanding” year for MSC, as it introduced two brand new mega ships. He also praised the line’s Canadian partners for having been “integral to our expansion and continued success”.