MONTREAL — Air Canada Vacations has revealed its new lineup for winter 2018/19 sun destination flights onboard Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge.
The schedule includes a new route, new 737-MAX aircraft, increased frequency on most-requested routes and increased capacity in the fall.
Here’s a look at what ACV will be offering for winter 2018/2019:
ACV’s brand new route, between Vancouver and Lihue, Hawaii, starts Dec. 15, 2018 and operates on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
NEW 737-MAX AIRCRAFT
Air Canada says its new 737 MAX aircraft feature technological advances for quiet, efficient and environmentally-friendly air travel. The following flights will be flown on the new aircraft: Vancouver and Calgary flights to Hawaii, Vancouver flights to Mexico and Calgary flights to Cancun
MORE FLIGHTS TO THE SUN
For winter 2018/2019 ACV will offer 58 new flights to the sun.
From the West:
- 29 additional flights per week, consisting of 20 to Hawaii (including double daily flights from Vancouver to each of Honolulu and Maui), three new flights from Vancouver to Lihue, two additional flights from Vancouver to Kona and one additional flight from Calgary to Maui.
- There are nine additional flights to Mexico including three additional flights from Calgary to Puerto Vallarta (now four flights weekly), two additional flights from Calgary to Los Cabos (now three times weekly) and 2 additional flights from Vancouver to each of Ixtapa (now three times weekly) and Cancun (now four times weekly).
- 19 additional flights per week including three additional flights from Toronto to Liberia (now daily service), three additional flights from Toronto to Cancun (now 17 flights per week), two additional flights from Toronto to Los Cabos and one additional flight from Toronto to each of Cartagena, Curacao, Grenada, St. Vincent, Belize City, Honolulu, Aruba, Bermuda and Kingston.
From Ottawa, Air Canada will feature an additional flight to each of Punta Cana and Cancun.
ACV will also be resuming service from Toronto to St. Maarten on Dec. 15 and San Juan on Oct. 28.
- 10 additional flights per week including 2 additional flights from Montreal to each of Cancun (now 14 flights per week) and Liberia (now three times per week) and one additional flight from Montreal to each of Curacao, Montego Bay, San Jose, Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel and Martinique. Air Canada Vacations will be resuming service from Montreal to San Juan on Dec. 15.
EARLY FALL PROGRAM:
Three routes will commence in November this year, rather than mid-December:
- Montreal to Liberia will start Nov. 3
- Vancouver to Ixtapa will start Nov. 1
- Toronto to St. Kitts will begin Nov. 3
In addition, nine flights will start in late October (Oct. 28 or 29) including:
- Vancouver to Cancun & Los Cabos
- Calgary to Los Cabos
- Montreal to Cayo Coco, Cozumel & Puerto Vallarta
- Toronto to Cozumel, Liberia & Los Cabos
“Air Canada Vacations is pleased to demonstrate its commitment to the travel trade by offering consumers the ability to access our packaged vacations with so many more flight options from our top gateways across the country,” says Nino Montagnese, Managing Director, Air Canada Vacations. “We know the travelling public wants options, and we are excited to be able to provide them.”