All eyes were on the newest member of Air Canada’s fleet, the Airbus A220-300, at the aircraft’s official debut at Air Canada’s headquarters.
LAS VEGAS — The highly anticipated Circa Resort & Casino in Las Vegas is on track for a December 2020 opening, reaching the halfway mark in its 22-month construction.
As the first ground-up gaming resort in Downtown Las Vegas since 1980, the 777-room, 1.25 million-square-foot property will open its doors on the iconic Fremont Street Experience. It first broke ground on Feb. 19, 2019, and upon completion it will stand as the tallest structure north of the Las Vegas Strip.
“Reaching this milestone for Circa would not be possible without our incredible partners and construction team,” said CEO and developer Derek Stevens. “I’m proud to deliver something completely new to the Las Vegas experience and can’t wait to open our doors a year from now for everyone to enjoy it.”
Circa’s offerings will include the following:
• World’s largest sportsbook: Operated by Stevens’ sports betting venture, Circa Sports, the resort’s centrepiece will boast a 78-million-pixel high-definition screen, the largest sportsbook screen in history.
• Rooftop pool amphitheatre: Circa’s six rooftop pools will be operated 365 days a year and boast a nearly 14-million-pixel screen playing the day’s most exciting games. Larger groups can enjoy one of the pool’s Super Cabanas, which can host up to 50 guests.
• Garage Mahal: Promising to be one of the most high-tech transportation hubs in the city, the garage will offer valet and self-parking, in addition to long-term parking for loyal Circa customers.
• Casino & lobby: Circa’s two-storey casino will house 1,350 slot machines and 49 table games, as well as the return of Las Vegas’ beloved neon kicking cowgirl, Vegas Vickie, who will be a signature feature in the lobby.
• New F&B concepts: Food and beverage concepts, including original restaurants and bar venues, will be announced throughout 2020.
Along with Circa, Stevens and his brother Greg have heavily invested in the renaissance of Downtown Las Vegas over the last decade. Their investments in properties have included the D Las Vegas, Golden Gate Hotel & Casino, and Downtown Las Vegas Events Center.