TORONTO — Canada led all markets in tourists to Las Vegas last year, reports the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) at an industry event in Toronto last night.
Hosting media and 15 of its partners at the Village Loft, the organization announced that 4.2 million visitors arrived in 2018, with Canada contributing nearly 1.5 million visitors. Plans to grow these numbers are in the works ahead of IPW next year, which will be heading back to Sin City in 2020.
There are over 131 weekly flights departing from 10 different gateways in Canada to Las Vegas. Announced last night are direct flights from London and Winnipeg, coming in October.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS IN 2020
Circa Resort & Casino: This brand new resort opening in downtown Las Vegas boasts 777 rooms and will feature a collection of amenities, including a range of restaurants, a rejuvenating spa and a two- level casino.
CAESARS FORUM Conference Centre: As the newest addition to the Caesars Entertainment family, this 300,000 square-foot flexible meeting space will include the two largest ballrooms in the world and direct access to over 8,500 hotel rooms at Harrah’s Las Vegas, The LINQ and Flamingo hotels.
Las Vegas Convention Centre’s expansion: Set for completion in December 2020, the Las Vegas Convention Centre District Project is a major expansion and renovation that will roll out in three phases: Riviera Hotel acquisition and site improvements (phase one); expansion of the Convention Center (phase two); and renovation of the existing convention center (phase three).
Also to come are the completion of the Las Vegas Stadium in fall 2020, future home of the Las Vegas Raiders; the MSG Sphere at The Venetian, an 18,000-seat entertainment venue; and Resorts World, a property incorporating authentic Asian experiences through dining and design.
For travel to Las Vegas, there are many options for Canadians. Yesterday, Swoop launched direct service from Kelowna, B.C. to Las Vegas in addition to its services from Abbotsford, Edmonton and Hamilton.
Air Canada’s CareFlex plan provides stress-free travel for clients, allowing them to be protected in case of any changes leading up to the date of travel. Agents receive commission on every CareFlex plan purchased.
The Las Vegas Monorail System is 100% electric and operates along a 6.3-kilometre route as an easy, safe and entertaining way to explore the sights of Vegas. With seven stops and more to come, travellers can buy a 24-pass for USD$13 and experience the Strip.
Bramer Tours USA offers private, VIP and FIT tours that highlight the top attractions and activities around Las Vegas. The company has its own fleet that includes coach, limo, limo van, mini bus and more.
HOTELS & RESORTS:
• Westgate Las Vegas combines the nostalgic era of Vegas with a fresh new look. The hotel has a newly renovated room titled the Luxe Room, 14 dining options and many entertainment offerings ranging from Barry Manilow to Jen Kramer.
• Plaza Hotel & Casino is located downtown and spans a four-mile radius and offers plenty of fun, including UFC Viewing Parties, Hot Yoga Classes and Bingo.
• Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas offers an entertaining and innovative music experience with 1,500 fully modern rooms ad an entertainment schedule ranging from Magic Mike Shows to Vinyl.
• Caesars Entertainment has 10 properties located in the city including Caesars Palace, which just completed 1,100 rooms, and the Flamingo, designated as the number one property for Canadian inbound travellers.
• Wynn Las Vegas & Encore together create an incredible experience for visitors. Wynn features 2,034 guestrooms and suites ranging from 700 to 5,800 square feet with an Amazon Alexa in every room. Encore’s Experiential dining offers both casual and fine dining options that are award-winning and enjoyable for all guests.
• MGM Resorts has 14 hotels, from the Bellagio to Circus Circus, with a total of 42,000 rooms. Each hotel features its own unique experiences with endless options.
• Le Rêve The Dream Vegas Show takes guests through an incredible acrobatic piece that includes synchronized swimmers and a death-defying 80-foot dive.
• Miracle Mile Shops is centrally located on the Strip, 15 minutes from downtown Vegas and features 200 stores and restaurants. Shopping, going to the theatre and grabbing a bite to eat are all made easier here.
• Indigo Lounge is the destination for entertainment with 12 options for either family, corporate family, or adults only. In addition to shows, there is a Titanic Exhibit that highlights numerous items from the sunken ship, all on display for visitor viewing.
• Machine Guns Vegas provides many opportunities indoor and outdoors that define adventure. Visitors receive one-on-one training or large group recreational shoots with a team of experts.
• Pink Jeep Tours’ patented vehicles offer travellers the opportunity to access places that may be harder to reach in a rental car. The company boasts knowledgeable and friendly guides in addition to 150 custom tour vehicles.
• Lip Smacking Foodie Tours offers the chance for guests to eat their way through Vegas by way of ‘lip-smacking’ tours that highlight the city’s top eateries and foodie hotspots.