TORONTO — Club Med has released new details about its first Exclusive Collection resort in the Americas – Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda – opening in the Dominican Republic in December 2019.
First announced in May 2018, the new resort will be the first to debut in the lush region of Michès, located approximately 90 minutes north of Punta Cana. At 93 acres, it will represent Club Med’s biggest project of its type in the Caribbean in the past 40 years. And as the first full Exclusive Collection resort in the Americas, it will boast premium accommodations, personalized services and refined dining concepts.
While in Montreal this summer, Club Med President Henri Giscard d’Estaing said that the new resort is being built “in our image”.
“We will be the first to own a hotel on this beach while everyone thought that the best places in the D.R. were already taken. On site, there is a real local life and we will create partnerships for our guests to discover,” he said at a press conference with trade media, which included Travelweek’s sister publication, ProfessionVoyages.com.
Here are exclusive new details about the resort:
- Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda will feature four boutique villages, each one presenting its own unique environment, activities and accommodations. These include Archipelago, Caribbean Paradise, Emerald Jungle, and Explorer Cove.
- The Archipelago boutique village will be an adults-only oceanfront sanctuary offering top-tier privacy, private pools, personal outdoor showers and personal oceanfront daybeds.
- Caribbean Paradise village will offer couples and families poolside activities, nightly shows and rooms inspired by the local flora.
- Emerald Jungle boutique village will be a relaxing eco-chic retreat with accommodations and a natural pool part of Club Med’s Zen Oasis concept, an adults-exclusive escape. Here, guests can participate in treetop yoga classes and immerse themselves in the greenery of Michès.
- Explorer Cove was specifically created for families and features world-class children’s clubs for children from four months to 17 years of age.
- Prior to construction, Club Med worked with local government agencies to perform an in-depth environmental impact study to minimize the resort’s footprint and impact to the Michès area. As construction ensues, the company has enacted a tree re-planting program as well as a no plastic straw initiative. Educational mini-sessions and a community garden for guests will also be available.
- Upon opening, the resort’s daily operations will perform under the Green Globe certification to meet the highest standards of sustainability.
For more information go to www.clubmed.ca/l/miches-resort.