LOS CABOS — There’s a brand new resort gem on the shores of Los Cabos featuring 128 rooms and Marriott’s signature amenities.
Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos opened its doors on Sept. 6 as part of The Luxury Collection, part of Marriott International, Inc. Perched on 34 acres overlooking the Sea of Cortez, and located midway between the city of Cabo San Lucas and the historic town of San José del Cabo, the beachfront oasis represents The Luxury Collection’s first hotel on the Baja California peninsula.
Here are the top selling features of the resort:
- Sophisticated Accommodations: Each guestroom and suite features a private entrance and patio, contemporary furnishings, original art, Bluetooth technology that controls the curtains, lighting and music, a well as unobstructed views of the sea.
- Art: Original works can be found throughout the property, all created by famed Mexican artist César López-Negrete. El Gabinete ‘Del Barco’ is the resort’s indigenous gallery that showcases rare regional artifacts such as a 43-foot-long whale skeleton and a historical map collection.
- Authentic Experiences: Solaz offers an array of bespoke, exclusive experiences for guests, including a private helicopter trip to explore the rare cave paintings of Baja, and swimming alongside whale sharks. Moreover, each room features a dedicated Artisan butler who can help curate luxury adventures.
- Cuisine: There are five unique restaurants at Solaz, including: the Mako Dinner Grill; the all-day Casc abel restaurant for Mexican dining; La Cava, offering over 2,500 vintages; Arabica for delicious tapas; and Xocolatl, a modern chocolate shop and ice cream boutique.
- Water and Fitness: Solaz Resort boasts five swimming pools, including two 50-metre infinity pools lining more than 4,000 square feet of white sand beaches. Exercise facilities feature Technogym equipment, while the 10,000 square-foot Ojo de Liebre Spa offers eight private treatment rooms and two VIP double rooms.
- Meetings: Solaz offers the largest meeting space at any luxury hotel in Los Cabos, with 20,000 square feet of meeting, wedding and event space that can accommodate more than 1,000 guests. This includes the expansive 11,000 square-foot outdoor Calypso Ocean Front Deck, and a 3,400 square-foot ballroom.
“A top resort destination, Los Cabos is rich in culture and acts as a gateway for our Global Explorers to connect with the indigenous offerings of Mexico,” said Anthony Ingham, Global Brand Leader, The Luxury Collection. “The Luxury Collection’s guests seek destinations with enriching qualities and there is a magnetic attraction to this Baja oasis. As the seventh Luxury Collection hotel in Mexico, Solaz Resort showcases the brand’s commitment to expanding its footprint and enhancing its offerings for discerning travellers to the destination.”