TORONTO — So many of the top destinations in the Caribbean have reopened for travel and tourism and now travel agents – and their clients – are looking for the latest updates as the fall and winter travel season gets underway.
With Travelweek’s ‘The Future of Travel: Caribbean Comeback’, taking place today from 1 – 4 p.m. (ET), agents will hear first-hand information and industry insights from a list of keynote speakers from airlines, tour operators, resort companies, tourism boards and more.
Check it out live starting at 1 p.m. at this link: https://livemedia.biz/travelweek.html
Here’s the list of keynote speakers for today’s event:
- Virgilio Russi, Managing Director of Sales, International for Air Canada
- Adam Stewart, Deputy Chairman, Sandals Resorts International
- Neil Walters, Secretary General, CTO
- Kenroy Herbert, Chairman, Anguilla Tourism Board
- Samantha Taylor, Chief Marketing Officer, Sunwing
- Lizzie Cole, Executive Director of Promotion, Quintana Roo Tourism Board
- Hon. Edmund Bartlett, Minister of Tourism, Jamaica
- Karolin Troubetzkoy, Executive Director, Marketing & Operations for Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain in Saint Lucia
The live virtual conference will build on the success of Travelweek’s first ‘Future of Travel’ event, which took place in June and drew thousands of viewers.
Today’s event looks to shed light on travelling to the Caribbean now that we’re more than six months into the pandemic and its travel restrictions.
“This is not a typical start to the fall and winter travel season by any stretch, but there are Canadians who want to vacation in the Caribbean despite the challenges from the pandemic, and there will no doubt be more once the snow starts to fly,” says Travelweek Publisher Devin Kinasz. “Clients have questions and we want to help travel agents answer them, thanks to the up-to-the-minute information we’ll be getting from our keynote speakers in today’s virtual conference.”
For viewers who pre-registered, today’s event also includes several prizes including a $500 VISA gift card.