TORONTO — Although it’s been forced to extend the suspension of all tours until Nov. 30, 2020 due to the COVID-19 crisis, Insight Vacations is planning for the future with the launch of small, private group tours in Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean
Available for Autumn, Winter, Spring (AWS) 2020/2021, the new Private Group Option applies to 38 specific itineraries in destinations expected to make a strong comeback throughout Europe, like Switzerland, Italy, and Spain and Portugal. Private groups will also be available in Egypt, Morocco, Israel, Jordan as well as Canada. Christmas market journeys, which according to Insight are seeing strong interest this year, are also included.
“We’re seeing travel starting to make a comeback in 2021, we anticipate the rise of multi-generational travel with clients yearning to reconnect again with their loved ones and extended family members and friends,” said Brad Ford, president of Insight Vacations Canada. “To help our guests travel in the most comfortable way possible, we wanted to introduce the Private Group Option for smaller and more intimate group travel. We’ll also be able to tailor-make trips for clients who would like enhanced personalization and specific experiences where we take care of all the details.”
For these Small Private Group journeys from 12 guests onward, there is an additional surcharge on the original price of the trip based on the group size: from 12-15 guests a +30% surcharge will apply; from 16-19 guests there will be a +20-% surcharge; and from 20-25 guests a +10% surcharge will apply. There will be no surcharge for groups of 26+ guests.
The Private Group Option is available on 2020-2021 AWS journeys starting from December 2020, including:
- Amazing Spain and Portugal (9 days): Insight Experiences include a paella cooking demonstration in Valencia, a visit to Cava Dorada in Sant Sadurni d’Anoia, and a traditional lunch with a local family in Torremolinos.
- Israel Discovery and Jordan Experience with Dead Sea (16 days): Highlights include a meet and greet with local artisans at the Iraq Al-Amir Women’s Cooperative, a ‘People’ project supported by the TreadRight Foundation through which the sale of locally crafted goods helps local women to be financially independent.
- Magical Switzerland (7 days): On this tour amongst the Swiss Alps, guests will visit some of Europe’s most magical Christmas markets, including one in Zurich where a three-storey Christmas tree stands.
- Alpine Christmas Markets (9 days): At the Christkindlmarkt in Munich, Insight’s Travel Director will introduce guests to a stallholder to hear about market life and sample traditional Bavarian cookies.
Insight Vacations has extended its suspension of operations for all trips departing up and until Nov. 30, 2020. Impacted guests are being offered a future travel credit for the full value of the land portion of their trip, to use for travel before Dec. 31, 2022.
Clients have two options:
- Rebook now and change their travel dates or destination to any trip departing up until Dec. 31, 2022 without penalty on the land portion of their trip. Any discounts (of up to 15%) that had been applied to their original booking will be transferred and applied to their new booking.
- Hold an FTC of the full amount paid for land portion of the suspended holiday, redeemable against any new booking for travel to any destination departing before Dec. 31, 2022.
Some conditions apply. Future Travel Credits can be redeemed with the company or another TTC brand (other TTC brands include Trafalgar, Costsaver, Luxury Gold, Uniworld and U River Cruises) on any destination or trip for travel before Dec. 31, 2022. For maximum flexibility, clients can also choose to transfer their FTC to a friend or family member. For all other 2020 bookings, clients can have peace of mind knowing they have the flexibility to change their trip until 30 days prior to departure.
For more details go to https://www.insightvacations.com/ca/information/travel-update.