SEATTLE — Holland America Line has once again simplified its COVID-19 protocols, making it easier for guests to sail aboard, regardless of their vaccination status.
Effective immediately, unvaccinated guests sailing on ‘Standard Protocol’ voyages will no longer need to take a COVID-19 test prior to sailing. Checks of individual guest vaccination status will be discontinued on Standard Protocol voyages as well, unless required by destinations.
“Our guests continue to show their excitement to return to cruising, and this is another step toward making it as easy as possible for them to safely explore the world in a way they love,” said Gus Antorcha, president of Holland America Line.
The company’s voyage lookup site continues to offer booked guests a simple way to learn what protocols apply to their cruise. By using the Health Protocols Tool, guests can submit their booking number to see specific protocols for their voyage.
The following applies to Standard Protocol voyages (not including designated remote voyages):
- Evidence of vaccination status prior to embarkation is no longer required
- Pre-cruise testing is not required
- The simpler protocols now also include Panama Canal transits up to 15 nights
Guests on Enhanced Protocol voyages will be provided additional information about protocols based on ports visited. They can continue to submit documents electronically or use the VeriFLY app ahead of embarkation for a simple and faster check-in process. Holland America Line recommends that guests visit the TravelWell section of the company’s website for updates prior to cruise departure, as well as instructions on how to provide results of a negative test, where required.
Holland America last updated its COVID-19 protocols in August 2022 for most voyages up to 15 nights, removing mandatory testing for vaccinated guests and welcoming unvaccinated guests with a self-test within three days of sailing.
Holland America Line is celebrating its 150th anniversary with a new offer that includes popular perks and a sweepstakes where the grand prize winner can choose from among a selection of cruises up to 21 days.
From Oct. 14 through Nov. 15, 2022, clients who book 2023 and available 2024 cruises will receive up to a US$150 onboard credit, a complimentary Alaska shore excursion and 50% reduced deposits.
- Onboard Credit: Depending on stateroom category, guests receive up to $150 onboard credit per person that can be used for a variety of amenities, including specialty dining, spa services, shore excursions, gift shop purchases and more.
- Free Tour in Alaska: On all Alaska cruises from Vancouver guests receive a complimentary shore excursion on the White Pass Summit Scenic Railroad, which is celebrating its 125-year anniversary next summer. On Alaska cruises roundtrip from Seattle, guests receive a $100 onboard credit per person to put toward shore excursions.
- 50% Reduced Deposits: With reduced deposits, booking a future cruise is even more affordable. Guests can make a cruise reservation now by putting down half the required deposit and make payments as the departure date approaches
The 150th Anniversary offer is combinable with Holland America Line’s Have It All premium package that includes the following:
- Shore Excursions: Based on the length of the cruise, guests receive up to three tours valued at $100 each. Choose from among thousands of tours all over the world – from active adventures and immersive culinary experiences to historical explorations and cultural discoveries.
- Signature Beverage Package: Guests enjoy a large selection of wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, soda, water, coffee and more. Up to 15 drinks per day are allowed, and bar service charges are included.
- Specialty Dining: Depending on the ship and duration of the cruise, guests can indulge in Holland America Line’s specialty dining up to three nights, at restaurants including Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind and Canaletto.
- WiFi Surf Package
Holland America Line’s 150th Anniversary celebration continues with a sweepstakes that runs through March 31, 2023. For more details see HollandAmerica150.com.
The sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the U.S., District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 21 or older at the time of entry.
For more information about Holland America Line, consult a travel advisor, call 1-877-SAIL HAL (877-724-5425) or visit hollandamerica.com.