SEATTLE — Holland America Line has unveiled its 2024 Canada and New England season featuring 29 sailings ranging from week-long getaways to longer voyages.
The close-to-home cruises departing or ending in Boston are ideal for family getaways and guests looking to explore North America’s Atlantic Coast, with one extended roundtrip Boston sailing stretching up to Iceland and Greenland.
From April through October, Volendam and Zuiderdam will offer a series of seven-day ‘Canada & New England Discovery’ departures with ports that showcase the region’s food and maritime history. Volendam will also offer 10- and 11-day cruises that add Newfoundland, and a 24-day expedition that adds Greenland and a circumnavigation of Iceland.
“A Canada and New England cruise has it all for travellers looking to stay closer to home but experience a taste of Europe, beautiful scenery, amazing food, natural beauty and incredible history,” said Beth Bodensteiner, Holland America Line’s chief commercial officer. “Our expanded season allows travelers to explore the region from spring through autumn, including the popular fall foliage, and by offering longer cruises we can extend up to Greenland and Iceland for a truly unique vacation.”
To celebrate the upcoming season, Holland America Line is offering a limited-time offer for guests who book 2024 Canada and New England cruises. The Have It All premium package includes the standard package amenities of shore excursions, specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi, plus the added perks of free pre-paid Crew Appreciation and free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi.
Highlights of the 2024 season include the following:
- A 24-day cruise departing July 27 on Volendam sails roundtrip from Boston and circumnavigates Iceland, with just a short flight or drive to the port. The cruise makes six calls around Iceland, with 10 additional visits in Greenland, Maine and Canada’s Nova Scotia, Labrador and Newfoundland.
- Volendam will cruise between Boston and Montreal in both the summer and fall on a series of seven-day ‘Canada & New England Discovery’ itineraries with convenient weekend departures. Ports include Bar Harbor, Maine, and the Canadian destinations of Quebec City, Québec; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and Sydney and Halifax, Nova Scotia. (The Sept. 28 departure exchanges Bar Harbor for Rockland, Maine.)
- Zuiderdam will sail seven-day ‘Canada & New England Discovery’ itineraries between Boston and Quebec City, with weekend departures and overnight calls at Quebec City at the beginning or end of the cruise. Ports include Bar Harbor, Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax. (The Sept. 21 departure exchanges Bar Harbor for Rockland and doesn’t include a Quebec overnight.)
- One seven-day ‘Historic Coasts’ cruise roundtrip from Boston aboard Volendam departs July 20 and calls at Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada; and Halifax and Sydney.
- Volendam offers longer ‘Newfoundland & New England Discovery’ cruises that sail between Boston and Montreal. Ports on the 10-day cruise includes Quebec City, Baie-Comeau and Havre-Saint-Pierre, Quebec; Corner Brook, St. Anthony and St. John’s in Newfoundland; Halifax and Portland. The 11-day departure calls at Portland, Saint John, Corner Brook, Charlottetown and Quebec’s Saguenay.
- Both Volendam and Zuiderdam will cruise the region in the fall, allowing more guests to view the changing foliage. Itineraries feature scenic cruising through the Gulf of St. Lawrence and Saguenay Fjord.
- Holland America Line’s ships are small enough to enable cruising the scenic St. Lawrence River, with calls at Montreal and Qeébec City on nearly every itinerary, and large enough to host multiple spaces for live music, entertainment productions and specialty dining.
- Volendam will offer 13- and 14-day repositioning cruises along the Atlantic Coast between Montreal and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in April and October. Both cruises include an overnight at Quebec City. Zuiderdam’s 11-day Atlantic Coast cruise from Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale in October adds Charleston, South Carolina.
For more information go to www.hollandamerica.com.