SEATTLE — Holland America Line is counting down the days until the return of its Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage following a 10-year hiatus.
Departing Jan. 3, 2024 aboard Volendam and sailing roundtrip from San Diego, California, the 94-day journey will circumnavigate the land Down Under and include the Great Barrier Reef, Hawaii, the South Pacific and New Zealand.
Guests who book the full 94-day voyage by June 1, 2023 will receive 3% savings off the cruise-only fare, along with amenities valued at up to US$4,770 per person. Perks for verandah and select oceanview staterooms include onboard spending money up to $300 per person, prepaid gratuities, luggage delivery service to/from San Diego for two pieces, initial in-suite liquor setup, a complimentary shore excursion and a welcome bottle of sparkling wine. Suites also receive onboard spending money up to $1,000 per person, unlimited luggage delivery service to/from San Diego and a Signature Internet Package.
Highlights of the voyage include:
- 94 days. Departs Jan. 3, 2024, sailing roundtrip from San Diego aboard Volendam.
- 43 ports of call, including 17 around the Australian continent.
- 4 overnight calls: Fremantle (Perth) and Sydney, Australia; Auckland, New Zealand; Papeete, Tahiti.
- 2 evening departures: Honolulu, Hawaii, and Brisbane, Australia.
- Two full days of scenic cruising in the famed Great Barrier Reef, exploring the Ribbon Reef and Far North regions.
- 16 calls at a collection of stunning South Pacific islands.
- A call at Komodo Island, with the opportunity to see the iconic Komodo Dragon prowling the landscape.
- Scenic cruising in the Torres Strait and Milford Sound.
- Two shorter segments are available: 58 days from San Diego to Sydney and 36 days from Sydney to San Diego.
“Australia continues to be a sought-after cruising destination, and by offering it as a Grand Voyage we’re able to take our time and feature other beautiful locales like the islands of the South Pacific, New Zealand and the Great Barrier Reef,” said Beth Bodensteiner, chief commercial officer of Holland America Line. “It’s been more than 10 years since we’ve offered this Grand Voyage itinerary, and we listened to our guests who requested that we bring it back. The San Diego departure makes it easy for our North American guests to explore this region and make it a memorable journey along the way.”