SEATTLE — Next year marks 75 years of Alaska exploration for Holland America Line – the most of any cruise line – and bookings are already open for both cruises and Land+Sea Journeys.
From April through October 2022, Holland America will sale to Alaska aboard the Eurodam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, Oosterdam and Zuiderdam.
For those who wish to travel even further, there’ll be 16 different Land+Sea Journeys that combine a three-, four- or seven-day Alaska cruise with an inland exploration of Denali National Park. Holland America is the only cruise line that extends land tour options up to Canada’s Yukon Territory.
Plus, for a limited time, guests who book 2022 Alaska cruises and Land+Sea Journeys by Feb. 28, 2021 can receive up to $2,300 in amenities, including a free Signature Beverage Package, pre-paid gratuities, free Signature Package and 50% reduced deposits, plus free Wi-Fi for suites. Alaska cruise pricing starts at $899 per person, double occupancy, for a seven-day sailing (taxes, fees and port expenses are additional).
“It’s incredible to think that Holland America Line has been taking guests to Alaska longer than it’s been a state, and because 2022 is our 75th year we want to allow plenty of time for guests to plan ahead,” said Gus Antorcha, Holland America Line’s president. “Alaska is a destination where if you’ve never been, it’s on your bucket list and if you have been ,you’re eager to go back.”
New and notable cruises for 2022:
- Special onboard anniversary celebrations
- Every Alaska cruise includes a visit to one or more of Alaska’s iconic glacier destinations: Glacier Bay National Park, College Fjord, Hubbard Glacier and the Twin Sawyer Glaciers of Tracy Arm (Holland America has more Glacier Bay permits than any other major cruise line)
- Seven-day ‘Glacier Discovery Northbound’ and ‘Glacier Discovery Southbound’ itineraries cruise between Whittier, Alaska and Vancouver aboard Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam, with ports including Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway
- Seven-day ‘Alaska Inside Passage’ cruises sail roundtrip from Vancouver on Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam and Zuiderdam, with ports including Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway
- Seven-day ‘Alaskan Explorer’ cruises sail roundtrip from Seattle aboard Eurodam and Oosterdam, with calls including Victoria, B.C. and Ketchikan, Juneau and Sitka
2022 Denali Land+Sea Journeys:
- Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam and Zuiderdam will offer Land+Sea Journeys ranging from nine to 18 days
- All Denali Land+Sea Journeys include a seven-day Glacier Discovery cruise featuring Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage, as well as either Hubbard Glacier or College Fjord and up to three nights at the McKinley Chalet Resort at the entrance to Denali National Park
- Exclusive to Holland America Line, all two-night and three-night Denali itineraries include the longer Tundra Wilderness Tour into Denali National Park
- Each Land+Sea Journey gets a scenic ride on the luxury-domed McKinley Explorer, including select itineraries that offer Direct-to-Denali service, taking guests from their ship to their Denali hotel room on the same day.
2022 Yukon+Denali Land+Sea Journeys:
- Holland America is the only cruise line to offer an Alaska cruise combined with an overland tour to both Denali and the Yukon
- Each Yukon+Denali Land+Sea Journey includes either a three- or four-day Inside Passage cruise on Koningsdam or Zuiderdam, or a seven-day Glacier Discovery cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam or Noordam
- Every Yukon Journey includes a ride on the McKinley Explorer railcars, and select itineraries add on the White Pass & Yukon Route railroad from Skagway
- Guests on everyYukon Journey will also enjoy two nights in Dawson City, for more time to relive Gold Rush history