SEATTLE — Holland America Line has extended its suspension of operations, issuing a list of cancelled Panama Canal, Hawaii, Pacific Coastal and South America cruises out of Vancouver this fall, plus Circle Hawaii voyages in early 2021.
The cruise line says the cancellations are due to ongoing travel and port restrictions.
The following cruises are cancelled, in addition to previously announced cancellations:
- Sept. 26, 2020, 22-day Panama Canal cruise from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Sept. 26, 2020, seven-day Pacific Northwest cruise from Vancouver to San Diego, California.
- Jan. 16 and Feb. 2, 2021, Circle Hawaii Voyages roundtrip from San Diego.
- Sept. 21, 2020, 16-day Mexico and Sea of Cortez itinerary from Vancouver to San Diego.
- Sept. 27, 2020, 14-day North Pacific Crossing from Vancouver to Yokohama, Japan.
- Sept. 30, Oct. 3 and Oct. 10, 2020, three- and seven-day Pacific Northwest and coastal cruises from Vancouver.
- Sept. 20, 2020, 17-day Circle Hawaii cruise roundtrip from Vancouver.
- Oct. 7, 2020, 23-day Inca Discovery voyage from Vancouver to San Antonio (Santiago), Chile.
All shorter segments within the above cruise departures are cancelled. Collectors’ Voyages that combine back-to-back cruises including the above departure dates are also cancelled.
Passengers with impacted cruises automatically will be cancelled, and no action is needed for passengers opting for the Future Cruise Credit (FCC). All passengers will receive an FCC per person as follows:
Paid in Full: Those who had paid in full will receive 125% FCC of the base cruise fare paid to Holland America Line.
Not Paid in Full: Those with bookings not paid in full will receive an FCC of double the amount of the deposit paid for the cruise. The minimum FCC is $100 and the maximum will be an amount up to the base cruise fare paid.
The FCC is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through Dec. 31, 2022. All other funds paid to Holland America Line may be transferred to a new booking or will automatically be refunded via the method of payment used to purchase the services.
Passengers who prefer a 100% refund of monies paid to Holland America Line can visit the Cancellation Preferences form to indicate this preference no later than July 15, 2020.
The above options are not applicable to passengers booked on a charter sailing. Other booking and cancellation conditions and policies may apply if the cruise was not booked through Holland America Line.
The cruise line adds: “Recognizing the vital role travel advisors play in the success of the cruise industry, Holland America Line will protect travel advisor commissions on bookings for cancelled cruises that were paid in full and for the total amount of the FCC when rebooked.”
As previously announced, Holland America Line extended its pause of global cruise operations and cancelled all Alaska, Europe and Canada/New England cruises for 2020. In addition, Amsterdam will not operate the 79-day Grand Africa Voyage.