SANTA CLARITA — Princess Cruises has unveiled a sneak peek of its newest MedallionClass ship, Enchanted Princess.
The ship, set be officially named during a celebration that will be broadcasted on Princess.com, Facebook and YouTube on Dec. 13, is the latest to join Princess’ global feet. Accommodating 3,660 guests, it features elegant accommodations, world-class entertainment, gourmet dining and craft cocktails, extensive alfresco dining areas and expansive views from Princess’ largest balconies, included in the new Sky Suites.
“Introducing our newest ship – Enchanted Princess – is a significant milestone for Princess and we look forward to the first guests experiencing all this gorgeous ship has to offer,” said John Padgett, Princess Cruises president. “Enchanted Princess is our seventh ship to enter service since the global pause, signifying our successful path forward, with many loyal and new guests ready to sail with us and our teammates ready to deliver meaningful and memorable vacations at an incredible value.”
As with all ships in the Princess fleet, the Princess MedallionClass Experience begins with a quarter-sized, wearable device that enables everything from expedited contactless boarding, to locating loves ones on the ship. In addition, guests can share their favourite cruise moments using MedallionNet, Princess’ WiFi at sea, as well as work remotely anywhere on the ship and stream movies and shows.
Notable features found onboard the Enchanted Princess include:
- Sky Suites: First introduced on Sky Princess in 2019, the new luxury Sky Suites offer luxurious accommodations for up to five guests. They come equipped with a 1,000 square foot balcony featuring 270-degree views and a dedicated Suite Experience Manager.
- 25 bars & restaurants: Enchanted Princess has the most alfresco dining options of any Princess ship, including Bistro Sur La Mer by three-Michelin Star chef Emmanuel Renaut, Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria featuring its own Pasta Room, Crown Grill Steakhouse and Bar, Crooners, Chef’s Table Lumiere, Gigi’s Pizzeria, The Salty Dog Gastropub, Gelato and more.
- Aquatic relaxation: In addition to multiple hot tubs, Enchanted boasts two deep-tank pools adjacent to the top-deck bar. Also available is the infinity-style Wakeview pool and bar at the ship’s aft end, and the Retreat Pool.
- Original production shows: First debuted onboard Sky Princess to rave reviews, Rock Opera will delight guests onboard the Enchanted Princess with its incredible costumes inspired by avant garde fashion, and musical soundtrack that spans classic rock, opera and musical theatre.
- Take Five: Guests can enjoy nightly live jazz while sipping specialty gin cocktails at Take Five, which first debuted on Sky Princess.
Enchanted Princess also offers signature Princess venues and amenities including the Piazza, Lotus Spa, The Sanctuary, Movies Under the Stars, Princess Live! Café, Good Spirits at Sea Bar, Vegas-Style Casino, The Shops of Princess, Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center and Discovery at SEA programs.
The ship’s inaugural season began on Nov. 10 with 15 ten-day Caribbean itineraries sailing roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale before heading to Europe.
For information on Princess’s COVID-19 health protocols go to https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/covid-19-guest-protocols/.