The folks at SmartMeetings.com know all about what makes Atlantic City such an ideal spot for the Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions (MICE) sector.
Reporting on the destination’s recent name change and re-brand from Meet AC to Visit Atlantic City, SmartMeetings.com outlined 5 reasons meeting professionals love Atlantic City – and also 5 ideal spots for corporate get-togethers and events.
FIVE REASONS TO LOVE ATLANTIC CITY FOR MEETINGS
According to SmartMeetings.com, Atlantic City Beach tops the list for the city’s biggest draws for MICE. The site notes that the legendary Boardwalk runs the length of the beach, with most of the major hotels facing shoreside, making this the postcard-perfect backdrop for special MICE events.
Also included in the top five list: Atlantic City’s big-name hotels and resorts (including Caesars Atlantic City, Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City, Ocean Casino Resort, Tropicana Atlantic City, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, and Showboat Atlantic City, to name just a few), the seaside delights and distractions (salt water taffy is just the beginning), and the nearby Tanger Outlet Atlantic City for retail therapy. Rounding out the list? Atlantic City’s ideal location, within a few hours’ drive of nearly one-third of the U.S. population. It’s also relatively close by for a large swath of Canada’s population too.
FIVE GREAT PLACES TO MEET
SmartMeetings.com also highlights some of the top hotel / conference centre picks for meeting planners and other MICE professionals. Here’s a look …
- Ocean Casino Resort: 160,000+ square feet of meeting space, including the 70,000 square foot Ovation Hall & Convention Center
- Showboat Atlantic City Hotel: 12 meeting rooms
- Hard Rock Hotel and Resort: 150,000 square feet of meeting space
- Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa: 87,402 square feet of meeting space
- Nobu Hotel, opening later this summer within Caesars Atlantic City: 17 meeting rooms, 24,000 square feet of meeting space
For additional information and to stay up-to-date on upcoming events, visit www.visitatlanticcity.com.