MONTREAL — Air Transat has announced that it will be gradually rolling out its 2022-2023 winter program to the South featuring, among many highlights, a brand new adults-only collection and its highly anticipated return to Havana, Cuba.
In total, 26 destinations and 302 hotels in the Caribbean, the Pacific Coast of Mexico, the Antilles, Latin America and Florida are featured in the program. In addition, following a three-year hiatus due to the pandemic, Air Transat will return to Havana with direct flights starting Dec. 19 from Montreal 3x/week, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
This year will also see the launch of Air Transat’s new R&R 18+ Collection featuring nine handpicked hotels, all rated 4.5-5 stars, that cater exclusively to adult guests. Located in Cuba, Mexico, the Dominican Republic and St. Martin, these hotels offer such luxury perks as access to Balinese beds, an aromatherapy basket, dinner on the beach, entry to hydrotherapy circuits and even wine, rum, tequila or coffee tastings, depending on the destination.
“We are pleased to kickstart the winter season with such a strong program,” said Joseph Adamo, Transat’s Chief Sales and Marketing Officer. “Continuously attuned to the needs of our clientele, we’ve noticed a significant interest in adult-only properties and in the beautiful city of Havana. We are therefore quite proud to present these two additions today.”
In addition to the R&R 18+ Collection, Air Transat is offering four other collections, each with tailor-made services:
- Luxury Collection (33 hotels): New this year are La Casa de la Playa by Grupo Xcaret; Secrets Bahia Mita Surf & Spa Resort; and Secrets Moxche Playa del Carmen
- Family Collection (39 hotels with family-friendly facilities): New this year are Dreams Karibana Cartagena Golf & Spa Resort; Melia Puerto Vallarta; Dreams Dominicus La Romana Resort & Spa; Dreams Flora Resort & Spa; and Melia Caribe Beach
- Solo Collection (48 hotels with to enjoy in the sun with no extra charge): New this year are Paradisus Los Cayos; Valentin Cayo Cruz; Breathless Montego Bay; Breathless Soul Cancun; Secrets Moxche Playa Del Carmen; Be Live Collection Canoa; and Emotions by Hodelpa Puerto Plata
- Out of Office Collection (13 hotels to work efficiently from a distance)
For travellers who want more sun and fun, Air Transat’s Duo packages allow them to experience a destination in two vastly different yet complementary ways on trips of seven days or more. In Cuba, for example, clients can wander the vibrant streets of Havana before enjoying Varadero’s beaches for a few days prior to returning to Canada. In Colombia, they can start their stay in Cartagena before ending it on the island of Barú for a bit of rest and relaxation.
“We’ve been at the heart of Canadian travellers’ vacation plans for almost 35 years now. It’s a genuine honour for us to help them create unforgettable memories with their loved ones, or by themselves,” added Adamo. “Whether it’s absolute relaxation, cultural discoveries, wild adventures or even all three, I’m convinced that our program will fulfill every single one of their needs.”
Direct flights to the sun are available from eight cities across Canada including:
- Montreal: Acapulco; Cancun; Cartagena (Colombia); Cayo Coco (Cuba); Fort-de-France (Martinique); Fort Lauderdale; Havana; Liberia (Costa Rica); Holguin (Cuba); La Romana (Dominican Republic); Miami; Montego Bay; Orlando; Point-à-Pitre (Guadeloupe); Port-au-Prince (Haiti); Puerto Plata; Puerto Vallarta; Punta Cana; Rio Hato (Panama); Samana (Dominican Republic); San Jose (Costa Rica); San Juan (Puerto Rico); San Salvador (Salvador); Santa Clara (Cuba); Philipsburg (St. Martin); Varadero
- Quebec City: Cancun; Cayo Coco (Cuba); Fort Lauderdale; Holguin (Cuba); Orlando; Puerto Plata; Puerto Vallarta; Punta Cana; Samana (Dominican Republic); Santa Clara (Cuba); Varadero
- Toronto: Cancun; Cartagena (Colombia); Cayo Coco (Cuba); Fort Lauderdale; Liberia (Costa Rica); Holguin (Cuba); La Romana (Dominican Republic); Montego Bay; Orlando; Puerto Plata; Puerto Vallarta; Punta Cana; Rio Hato (Panama); Samana (Dominican Republic); San Jose (Costa Rica); San Juan (Puerto Rico); Santa Clara (Cuba); Philipsburg (St. Martin); Varadero
- Ottawa: Cancun; Cayo Coco (Cuba); Puerto Plata; Punta Cana; Santa Clara (Cuba); Varadero
- Hamilton: Cancun; Cayo Coco; Puerto Plata; Punta Cana
- London: Cancun; Punta Cana
- Halifax: Cancun; Cayo Coco (Cuba); Fort Lauderdale; Holguin (Cuba); Orlando; Punta Cana; Varadero
- Moncton: Cancun; Punta Cana
Travel agents are encouraged to consult Air Transat’s flight network, available on Agent Direct.
Air Transat is also reminding agents of two flexibility solutions with Option Flex. With Option Flex Standard, travellers who booked South and Europe packages can cancel or change their travel dates, destination or hotel and obtain a travel credit up to 72 hours before departure for a fee of $89. Option Flex Extra, meanwhile, allows them to cancel or change their travel dates, destination or hotel up to 24 hours before departure and receive a travel credit or refund for a fee of $149. In both cases, it is also possible to transfer the package to a friend or family member up to 30 days before departure.
Transat celebrated its 2023 program last week at its Toronto Training Academy, attended by 350 travel advisors and 36 suppliers. To read Travelweek’s interview with Nicole Bursey, Commercial Director at Transat, click here.