TORONTO — Foodies rejoice! Club Med has revealed its extensive culinary and beverage program at the new Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda in the Dominican Republic, its first Exclusive Collection resort in the Americas opening on Nov. 23.
Upon check-in, guests will enjoy access to four unique restaurants, four open-bar lounges, three wine cellars and a locally-sourced coffee house. Plus, details have been revealed about the highly anticipated ‘Secret Chocolate Room’ located in the family restaurant, Cacao & Co.
Responsible for the resort’s culinary offering is Executive Chef Thierry Van Rillaer, who will oversee the menu, teams and operations of all four restaurants. These include:
- Cayuco Market – Main Restaurant: Guests will find three dining rooms, one of which is adults-only, including an indoor/outdoor terrace. There’ll be more than 10 cuisine stations including French, Italian, Asian, Grill, Healthy Corner, Raw Bar and one dedicated to locally sourced Dominican dishes.
- Coal & Copper – Steakhouse: This specialty restaurant features and industrial/urban décor, a terrace and open-kitchen design. Guests can enjoy a selection of iconic meats and dry aged beef paired with signature cocktails and desserts. Open for dinner only.
- Coco Plum – Beach Lounge: Open for lunch and dinner, this laidback eatery offers all-day snacks and bite-size dishes, not to mention a lobster sampler menu for dinner.
- Cacao & Co. – Family Restaurant: Designed with families and children in mind, this playscape-inspired eatery offers farm-to-table food and a three-step culinary journey at dinner. First, families will participate in a guacamole preparation experience, followed by a playful choice of fun-sized dishes to share. Thirdly, once dinner is over, kids gain access to the first-ever Secret Chocolate Room, a joint venture with Xocolat. Throughout the dinner experience, kids will receive clues that allow them to crack the entrance code to this hidden room. Once inside, they’ll enjoy three different chocolate fountains and a host of desert options.
In addition to these four restaurants, Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda will be home to four bars:
- The Main Bar: Located at the heart of the resort, this indoor/outdoor bar will boast a connected terrace and an indoor climbing wall.
- El Limon Bar: Club Med’s first swim-up bar concept will be located inside the adult-exclusive Emerald Jungle boutique village. Here is where guests can enjoy fresh fruit smoothies, detox waters and juices and imaginative cocktails.
- Coco Plum – Beach Lounge Bar: As part of the Coco Plum Beach Lounge restaurant, this bar will offer live music every evening as well as local specialties and cocktails. It will also play host to one of the three La Cava wine cellars.
- La Perla Bar: This exclusive bar and pool id dedicated solely to guests staying in the family-dedicated Suites of the Explorer Cove boutique village.
- The Coffee House: Here is where guests will find fruits, fresh juices, snacks, frozen yogurts, pastries, cupcakes, breakfast items and coffees.
- La Cava – Three Wine Cellars: Guests seeking a more customized experience can visit one of three wine cellars at the resort. They’ll house a varied range of international wines and spirits for purchase with the help of an in-house sommelier.
Upon opening, Club Med Michès Playa Esmeralda will be the first resort to open in the D.R.’s Michès region. Spanning 93 acres, it will offer premium accommodations and an eco-chic concept devoted to minimizing its environmental impact.