CELEBRATION, FL — Big plans are underway for Disney Cruise Line’s 25th anniversary next year, including special entertainment, merchandise and celebratory experiences on select summer sailings.
Since its maiden voyage onboard the Disney Magic in July 1998, Disney Cruise Line has been offering families immersive cruises complete with Disney storytelling, dazzling entertainment and family-friendly hospitality.
Said Sharon Siskie, senior vice president and general manager: “For two-and-a-half decades, Disney Cruise Line has built an incredible legacy of creating unforgettable vacation memories for families around the world. Of course, at the heart of this anniversary celebration are our dedicated cast and crew members who continuously deliver legendary service and create magic at sea for our guests every day. Whether returning as a member of our Castaway Club or sailing with us for the first time, we are thrilled to invite guests of all ages to be a part of our very special anniversary festivities next summer.”
Limited-time ‘Silver Anniversary at Sea’ offerings will be available across all five of Disney Cruise Lines’ ships from May through September 2023.
The ‘Silver Anniversary at Sea’ celebration onboard all five ships will include new entertainment, limited-time enhancements, special décor, merchandise and more:
- Captain Minnie Mouse and Captain Mickey Mouse will don coordinated looks featuring multi-toned fabric and swirling designs reminiscent of ocean waves. The iconic duo will also make appearances in their festive attire exclusively aboard ‘Silver Anniversary at Sea’ sailings across the fleet.
- The cruise line will debut a signature song to serve as the soundtrack of the celebration, which will manifest in a variety of ways during summer sailings.
- New family entertainment and activities will culminate in evening experiences created exclusively for the anniversary celebration.
- Throughout their voyage, guests will enjoy themed culinary creations ranging from fanciful desserts to special craft cocktails.
- The Shimmering Seas Collection is a line of dedicated merchandise featuring a new signature colour and comprising an assortment of apparel, accessories, drinkware, keepsakes and more.
A brand new membership tier for Castaway Club will be unveiled as part of anniversary celebrations, recognizing returning Disney Cruise Line guests with exclusive rewards and perks. Honouring 25 years at sea, members will now earn the distinction of Pearl status after 25 Disney Cruise Line vacations, which will unlock new at-home and onboard benefits. These will be announced in early 2023.
Cruises featuring the ‘Silver Anniversary at Sea’ celebration will sail to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Europe and Alaska during summer 2023.
- Departing from Miami, from May 24-Sept. 4, the Disney Magic will visit destinations in the Bahamas and Caribbean, including Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay.
- The Disney Wonder will depart on Alaskan voyages from Vancouver, from May 15-Sept. 11, with stops in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and more.
- From May 7 to Sept. 17, the Disney Dream will sail transatlantic and European itineraries, including the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and the Greek Isles.
- The Disney Fantasy will set sail from Port Canaveral, Florida, from May 6-Sept. 2, to the Eastern and Western Caribbean, each with a day at Castaway Cay.
- Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship, the Disney Wish, will depart on sailings to Nassau, Bahamas and Castaway Cay, from May 1-Sept. 8, from Port Canaveral.
For more information go to www.disneycruise.com.