Globus Asia & South America 2020 trips include new India departures
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
TORONTO — Globus and Cosmos have unveiled a full suite of touring vacations to Asia and South America in 2020, including two new Cosmos itineraries to India.
Knowing that travel to exotic destinations may seem daunting to many travellers, the sister brands have focused on eliminating the hassle – and the worry – that come with long-haul travel.
“Our job is to make sure your vacation is a success. Your job is to relax and enjoy,” says Stéphanie Bishop of the Globus family of brands’ Canadian office. “We look after the planning, logistics and details ahead of time as well as during your tour. Your Tour Director is your on-site expert, concierge, storyteller and problem-solver.”
Bishops adds that Globus’ most popular tours are to exotic locales around the world, and that the company has grown its brand-wide exotic travel portfolio by 20% in the last five years to cater to increased demand.
“More and more Canadians are telling us it’s those moments of connection which are so memorable on a vacation,” she says. “Our Local Favorites provide authentic insights into local lifestyle and culture which are so interesting.”
In addition to these Local Favorites, which the company defines as memorable moments of cultural and culinary connection, itineraries also include VIP access to major sites, allowing clients to bypass lineups and enjoy more time to sightsee.
Tours for 2020 include the following:
- Cosmos’ ‘Highlights of Northern India’ (NEW): Highlights include the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Amber Fort, Mughal Red Fort, a sail along the Ganges River to witness meditation rituals, a stop at the abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri as well as the sand dunes of the Thar Desert.
- Cosmos’ ‘Discover Southern India & Kerala’ (NEW): Clients will explore the ancient city of Chennai, visit Fort St. George and the historic city of Mahabalipuram, spend time on a spice plantation in Thekkady and enjoy an overnight cruise on the backwaters of Kerala. The tour concludes with two nights in Cochin.
- Globus’ ‘Discover Japan’: This 10-day tour travels from bustling cities to quiet mountain villages and highlights Japan’s many castles and shrines, including the Temple of the Gold Pavilion, the Tadaiji Temple and Maiji Shrine. Guests will also partake in a traditional tea ceremony, sake-tasting and Japanese cooking class, and learn the art of calligraphy and Yuzen dyeing.
- Globus’ ‘Treasures of China’: On this 11-day journey, guests will explore Beijing, Xi’an, Guilin and Shanghai, walk along the Great Wall of China, enjoy a dance show from the Tang Dynasty, cruise the stunning LI River and visit a local tea farm.
- Globus’ ‘Icons of India: The Taj, Tigers & Beyond’: This 10-day itinerary highlights the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, the Amber Fort and Jaipur. Clients will also participate in an Indian food cooking demonstration, enjoy a home-hosted dinner with an Indian noble family and embark on game drives through Ranthambore National Park.
- Globus’ ‘Legacy of the Incas’: On this 12-day itinerary, travellers will get an in-depth look into local, rural Peruvian life. Highlights include Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley, Cusco, the Uros Floating Islands and the Nazca Lines.
- Globus’ ‘South American Odyssey’: Guests will travel from Brazil to Argentina and Chile while on this 16-day adventure, featuring stays in Rio de Janeiro, Iguassu Falls, Buenos Aires, Bariloche and Santiago. Highlights include a tango lesson, a visit to an ‘estancia’ (ranch) and time in famous vineyards in Chile’s wine country.
Clients who book by April 28, 2020 will save 5% on a Globus Asia and South Pacific vacation. Those who book by Dec. 2, 2019 will save 10% on South America itineraries.
For details go to agentlingo.ca.