TORONTO — G Adventures’ new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection covers 37 trips in 27 countries, and comes with new physical distancing protocols over and above the company’s Travel with Confidence health and safety policy, all aimed at giving consumers peace of mind.
The Travel with Confidence Plus Collection is now available for departures starting Oct. 2, 2020 and running through Dec. 31, 2021.
“We absolutely understand different people are going to have different comfort levels, and it’s our job to make sure we cater to all our travellers with trips that meet them where they’re at so we can get all our travellers out exploring the world again,” says G Adventures founder, Bruce Poon Tip.
“By its very nature small group travel allows for more freedom and space, and our incredible team of chief experience officers (CEOs) around the world are dedicated to keeping our travellers safe and well. Their role is going to be more important than ever, and we hope this new collection enables us to change even more lives through travel, and that we re-emerge from this pause as more considerate travellers.”
G Adventures has also announced that it has partnered with the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) to create a set of industry health and safety guidelines to assist with the safe return to operation of 10 adventure activities, includiong trekking, biking, and rafting and more.
The new guidelines will be implemented across all G Adventures trips as they are developed.
Here are the health and safety highlights of the new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection …
- Smaller group sizes – All trips will have an average of 8 to 10 travellers, as opposed to the average group size of 12. The company says: “This means being able to stay at smaller hotels and dining at smaller restaurants with fewer people around the dinner table.”
- Private transport – While G Adventures is using more private transport where possible on all trips, this collection only uses private vehicles (except for planes) with daily assigned seating for added distance on the vehicles.
- My Own Room – My Own Room option is available for 50% off across all tours in the collection for travellers wishing for their own space to relax and sleep.
- More personal space – All rooms on trip will be either double or single and have ensuite bathrooms. There will be no multi-share accommodation or shared bathroom facilities on any trip in this collection.
Meanwhile a selection of trips from G Adventures’ Active, Classic and Marine travel styles make up the new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection …
- Walk the Camino de Santiago – Plus: An eight-day physically-distanced trip from $1,399 per person, departing from Sarria and to Santiago de Compostela.
- Costa Rica Adventure – Plus: A 16-day physically-distanced trip from $1,949 per person travelling from San Jose return.
- Sailing Thailand – Phuket to Phuket – Plus: A seven-day physically-distanced trip from $1,999 per person travelling from Phuket return.
- Best of Iceland – Plus: From $2,729 per person for a seven-day physically-distanced trip from Reykjavík return.
G Adventures is also offering a Book with Confidence policy that allows travellers booking tours departing before Dec. 31, 2020 to cancel and rebook up to 14 days prior to departure. Travellers with trips departing between Jan. 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021 can cancel and rebook up to 30 days prior to departure.
More information is at gadventures.com.