Poll results from Travelweek’s COVID-19 Travel Agent Survey show that while many front-line agents are working overtime to keep up with all the C&Cs - counselling and cancellations - they’re also ...
MIAMI — Carnival Corporation will welcome four new cruise ships across four of its global brands this year, each of which will provide new guest innovations and a sustainability approach to cruising.
According to the cruise company, the new ships is part of its ongoing fleet enhancement strategy, which will include 16 new ships scheduled for delivery through 2025. They also build on the momentum of its four new vessels launched in 2019: Carnival Cruise Line’s Panorama, Costa Cruises’ Costa Smeralda and Costa Venezia, and Princess Cruises’ Sky Princess.
Coming this year will be Iona to P&O Cruises UK, Enchanted Princess to Princess Cruises, Mardi Gras to Carnival Cruise Line, and the Costa Firenze to Costa Cruises.
“Each new ship is an opportunity to generate excitement and buzz among consumers around the world, whether loyal guests or new to cruising, that will continue to inspire more travelers to consider cruising as a vacation option,” said Roger Frizzell, chief communications officer for Carnival Corporation. “We look forward to the delivery of four more spectacular ships, which will offer our guests the latest in onboard features and amenities – and help us continue our reputation for providing great cruise vacations that are significantly less than comparable land-based vacations.”
Here’s an overview of each new ship coming in 2020:
Iona for P&O Cruises (UK), coming May 2020
• Upon launch, Iona will be P&O’s first LNG-powered ship
• New to the line will be the Grand Atrium featuring uninterrupted panoramic views of the sea
• The SkyDome is a new entertainment venue on the top two levels capped by a glass-domed roof, which transitions into an evening entertainment venue featuring aerial performances, shows and deck parties
• 30 different bar and restaurant venues, including a ‘foodie’ market and a new gastropub
• Freedom Dining in all main restaurants
• Destination-themed treatments at the spa
• The Retreat is a private, open-air deck area where guests enjoy chilled drinks, snacks and al fresco spa treatments in shaded cabanas
• Iona will sail from Southampton, U.K., exclusively to the Norwegian Fjords during the inaugural season, followed by winter sun holidays to the Canaries, Spain and Portugal
Enchanted Princess for Princess Cruises, coming June 2020
• The 3,660-guest chip marks the second purpose-built MedallionClass newbuild
• Enchanted Princess will offer two Sky Suites, which originally debuted on Sky Princess in October 2019
• New entertainment offerings include Phantom Bridge, the ultimate immersive escape room, and Take Five, the only jazz theatre at sea
• One-of-a-kind production shows include Rock Opera, created exclusively for Princess Cruises
• The ship will sail a series of Mediterranean cruises for the summer and fall before repositioning to Fort Lauderdale in November for sailings to the Caribbean for the winter season
Mardi Gras for Carnival Cruise Line, coming November 2020
• It was recently announced that Mardi Gras’ delivery will be delayed to November
• Mardi Gras will be the first cruise ship in North America to be powered by LNG
• Groundbreaking experiences include BOLT, the first roller coaster at sea, which is located in the Ultimate Playground, also home to the largest WaterWorks aqua park in the Carnival Cruise Line fleet
• Emeril’s Bistro 1396, the first seagoing restaurant by celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse, will be housed in the ship’s French Quarter, one of six themed zones onboard
• Entertainment offerings include a first-in-fleet partnership with Family Feud, new Playlist Productions shows, a Punchliner Comedy Club, and new live music options
• Mardi Gras will operate year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises from Port Canaveral
Costa Firenze for Costa Cruises, coming October 2020
• This is the second ship for Costa Cruises built specifically for the China market
• Onboard amenities designed for the Chinese market include a wide choice of Chinese food, Chinese-style karaoke and parties like the ‘Golden Party’
• Following its delivery on Sept. 30, Costa Firenze will head to China for cruises starting on Oct. 20