TORONTO — TICO registrants have until June 9 to fill out their election ballots, which were mailed out last week. The election is for one three-year retail position on the TICO Board of Directors, the results of which will be announced at TICO’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on June 20.
The five eligible candidates are:
- Romeo Cuter, Worldview Travel (Canada) Inc., Toronto
- Carl Filippazzo, Union Travel Agency Ltd., Toronto
- Elliot Finkelman, Kanata CruiseShipCenters Limited, Ottawa
- Tim Morgan, TPI (Travel Professionals International), Oakville
- Marc Patry, CNH Tours, Ottawa
All ballots must be received at the offices of BDO Canada LLP by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on June 9. TICO’s AGM will take place at the Mississauga Living Arts Centre, 4141 Living Arts Drive, Mississauga, Ontario.
“There is no better way to help shape consumer protection in this constantly evolving travel industry than through representation and serving on the TICO Board,” said Richard Smart, TICO President and CEO. “I encourage all eligible registrants to vote for this important role. I hope to see you at TICO’s AGM in June where TICO will be presenting its 2017 Annual Report and Business Plan.”