CALABASAS — In response to early demand, AmaWaterways has opened group and individual bookings for 2022 sailings a full six months ahead of schedule.
All itineraries in France, Portugal, Holland and those travelling the Rhine and Moselle rivers are now open for reservations, with added rewards for guests who book early. For all 2021 Europe, Asia and Egypt cruises, guests booking by June 30, 2020 will receive a 5% cruise savings on balcony staterooms and suites, up to Can$1,800 savings per stateroom on select departures and complimentary pre-paid gratuities. Additionally, guests will have until Sept. 20, 2020 to receive a 5% Early Booking Reward for all 2022 departures.
The remaining 2022 river cruise voyages with pre- and post-cruise land extensions will be available by May 20.
According to president and co-founder Rudi Schreiner, while the company would typically open 2022 bookings much later in the year, increased demand for future sailings has led the company to release deployment early.
“We are excited to open our 2022 bookings six months earlier than originally anticipated, given the heightened demand from individuals and special interest groups for sailings in 2021 and beyond,” he said. “We’ve seen a strong showing for our new offerings, especially with new ships AmaSiena and AmaLucia joining the fleet, and AmaDahlia launching on the Nile in Egypt in September 2021. As pent-up demand has already started to surface, I anticipate 2022 will emerge as a very strong travel season and look forward to welcoming our guests onboard.”
In addition to the early opening of 2022 bookings, AmaWaterways has also cited increased interest around its new offerings for 2021. The line’s 2021/2022 seasons will feature five new itineraries and new pre- and post-cruise land programs in some of Europe’s most sought-after destinations:
- Impressions of the Seine & Paris sailing aboard AmaDante from Paris to Le Havre (or reverse) will include three nights pre- or post-cruise in St. Malo with a visit to the island monastery of Mont St. Michel
- Essence of Burgundy & Provence sailing onboard AmaCello from Chalon-sur-Saône to Arles (or reverse) includes a French cooking lesson at a culinary school in Valence and world-renowned wine tasting
- Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps onboard the AmaMora and AmaSerena from Amsterdam to Basel (or reverse) includes three nights in Lake Como, Italy pre- or post-cruise
- Best of Holland & Belgium sailing roundtrip from Amsterdam onboard the AmaSerena includes five exclusive departures from May to October and highlights Belgium’s special gems like Ghent and Bruges
- Secrets of Egypt & The Nile onboard the new AmaDahlia is an 11-night immersive journey that includes four nights in Cairo, seven nights cruising between Luxor to Aswan and a host of exclusive experiences such as a private tour of the tomb of Queen Nefertari and a private lunch at Abdeen Presidential Palace
Travel agents are invited to join the AmaWaterways’ upcoming Webinar Wednesdays session, ‘Our 2022 River Cruise Season – What’s New and Enhanced’ on May 13 at 10:30 a.m. PST (1:30 p.m. EST). It will be led by Karst and fellow AmaWaterways’ co-owner Gary Murphy as well as Vice President of Sales Alex Pinelo and Vice President of Operations Jon Burrows, and will cover the launch of the company’s 2022 river cruise season and provide tips on how best to sell these destinations to clients. Agents can register early by visiting https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3417219873275367182.