MIAMI — There’ll be more ways to see and experience Europe’s rivers next year, thanks to Crystal River Cruises’ newly announced collection of destination experiences.
Set to debut in 2018 along the Danube, Rhine and Main rivers, the new offerings are limited to no more than 15 guests, and are tailored to travellers’ individual interests. Nearly 200 excursions are included, with additional pursuits also available at an extra cost.
The shore-side excursions are broken down into five types:
- Personal Connections: One-of-a-kind tours led by local residents, artisans and experts
- Tantalizing Gastronomy: Includes a variety of dining and hands-on cooking opportunities
- Cultural Discoveries: Expert guides provide insight into historical landmarks, museums and architecture
- Exhilarating Adventures: Includes a selection of active pursuits that combine historical and cultural experiences
- Design Your Time: Perfect for those looking for a more tailored vacation, this option features concierge service that designs private tours and a menu of customized choices
Samples of inclusive adventures include: a string and opera performance in an Antwerp cathedral; a full-day exploring Salzburg from Linz; a horse show and carriage ride at Lázár Equestrian Park; an owner-hosted tasting at Schlagkamp Winery in Cochem; cycling to Veitshochheim Castle in Wurzburg; and a behind-the-scenes tour of Amsterdam’s greenhouses.
Optional experiences include: hands-on instruction in Linzer torte baking; a private home cooking lesson in Kehl; canoeing through the canals of Strasbourg; exploring Budapest by Trabant Cars; and horseback riding though Novi Sad’s Fruska Gora National Park.
Each river itinerary will also feature inclusive Signature Events, which offer rare access and musical performances in iconic landmarks like Vienna’s Belvedere Palace, Linz’s St. Florian Monastery, Rüdesheim’s Monastery Eberback and others.
For larger groups, guides are available to lead the tours in German, Spanish, Portuguese and other languages upon request. Crystal Collection shore excursions also offer guest transport to iconic sites and regions via motorcoaches equipped with free Wi-Fi.
Fares for Crystal River Cruises start at $3,175 per person, including Early Booking Savings of up to $1,000 per suite.