MIAMI – With 2020 just two years away, Crystal has unveiled the year’s deployment schedule for its ocean-going vessels: Crystal Symphony, Crystal Serenity, and yacht Crystal Esprit.
The new comes two months following the announcement of its 105-day 202 ‘Epic Empires & Idyllic Isles’ World Cruise aboard Crystal Serenity, which spans the Southern Hemisphere from Miami to Rome. In all, 64 Crystal Cruises sailings and 44 Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises sailings will explore the oceans of the world.
Itineraries for 2020 will be open for booking on May 1, 2018.
Crystal Cruises 2020 deployment highlights include:
- Overnight stays in 55 cities around the world, with at least one overnight stay on nearly every voyage. These stays are often in embarkation and disembarkation destinations, allowing for convenient extension of travelers’ vacations. These include overnight stays for both ships in Livorno, Tuscany, and overnights in Hong Kong and Singapore for Crystal Symphony.
- Maiden calls in Pohnpei, Micronesia; Majuro, Marshall Islands; Hambantota, Sri Lanka; Mooloolaba, Australia; Airlie Beach, Australia; and Alghero, Sardinia, Italy.
- Spring and Autumn Asia sailings aboard Crystal Symphony, with concentration in Southeast Asia, Singapore, China and Japan.
- Specialized itineraries focusing in the Middle East and India, available on both ships, with calls in Mumbai and Cochin and cruising the Bay of Bengal; exploration of Bahrain, Muscat, and Aqaba, as well as Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- A total of 25 Mediterranean sailings, with many seven-day options aboard both ships that cater to busy schedules or are easily combinable for extended journeys. Destinations encompass the region’s long-favored locales, as well as less explored spots like Sardinia and Corsica, plus several “gateway” destinations that afford close proximity to bucket-list sites.
- Eventful European and British Isles voyages, aligned with premier world events and occasions, with overnights set in Edinburgh, Scotland scheduled around the annual Military Tattoo and Fringe Art Festival; in Monaco for the Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix; and Baltic and North Cape sailings at the height of the summer solstice in the land of the midnight sun.
- New Trans-Atlantic crossing route with calls in Barcelona and Málaga, Spain; Ponta Delgada and Praia da Vitoria, Azores; St. John’s and St. Anthony, Newfoundland, site of the UNESCO-listed L’Anse aux Meadows; and Saguenay, Québec, home to the spectacular Saguenay Fjord.
- A 33-day warm-weather winter escape aboard Crystal Symphony across the Pacific, which visits the long-beloved Hawaiian Islands, as well as less explored destinations like the Marshall Islands, Micronesia and Philippines.
- Exotic, warm-weather Holiday cruises, far-reaching and close to home, with Crystal Symphony sailing from Hong Kong to Laem Chabang/Bangkok and spending New Year’s Eve in Singapore; and Crystal Serenity cruising the tropical islands of the Caribbean for a warm-weather winter holiday.
Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises 2020 deployment highlights include:
- A return to the Seychelles from late January through March, with nine new seven-day itineraries sailing round-trip from Mahé, highlighting the adventurous pursuits in the natural paradise, with UNESCO-protected wildlife preserves and world-class snorkeling and diving.
- New historically significant itineraries exploring the Rose City of Petra, Egypt and the Holy Land on a nine- or 11-day journey; Cyprus and the Greek Isles of Mykonos, Delos, Paphos, Santorini and maiden call Naxos on a nine-day journey; and the United Arab Emirates of Dubai and Abu Dhabi; Sir Bani Yas Island UAE; Manama, Bahrain and Doha, Qatar on an eight-day journey.
- 24 combinable seven-day voyages along the Dalmatian Coast, Aegean and Adriatic, with immersive itineraries focused on Croatia, Greece and the Cyclades, showcasing the millennia of UNESCO sites and treasured monuments mingling beautifully with modern towns and seaside villages.
- A “Dubai Holiday Extravaganza” sailing round-trip from Dubai, with two overnights in the spectacular city for the annual New Year’s Eve celebration, plus calls to Khasab, Muscat, Doha and Sir Bani Yas Island.