LAKE BUENA VISTA — With less than two months to go before opening day, new images and details for Walt Disney World’s Toy Story Land have just been released.
Taking shape at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and set to open June 30, Toy Story Land recreates Andy’s toy-filled backyard from the Disney·Pixar ‘Toy Story’ films, across 11 acres full of larger-than-life toys, building blocks and game pieces.
Toy Story Land will include …
- Alien Swirling Saucers: ‘Toy Story’ green aliens have powered up their flying saucers and earth-bound guests get to play along. Disney has released the first-ever images of the new attraction.
- Sarge and the Green Army Man Drum Corps: The marching men in their classic army green will be out in full force several times a day in Toy Story Land. As the Drum Corps marches on, everyone’s invited to follow another contingent of Green Army Men to an interactive boot camp, where they’ll ‘toy’ with guests using giant Pixar balls, oversized crayons and a game of SARGE SAYS (their own spin on Simon Says).
- Wheezy, the squeaky ‘Toy Story’ toy penguin, will feature as an all-new Audio-Animatronics figure in the last scene of Toy Story Land’s family-style roller coaster, Slinky Dog Dash. Wheezy will be accompanied by his toy friends: Mike the tape recorder and Mr. Spell, who ‘texts’ funny commentary.
- Toy Story Mania!: One of the most popular attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Mania! is getting an all-new colourful toy carnival game box entrance when the new land opens. Recently updated with a third track, the attraction will put even more guests in the carnival playset action taking aim at 3D objects, using everything from baseballs to cream pies.
- For dining, Woody’s Lunch Box will serve up tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats from a walk-up window in a setting surrounded by Andy’s favourite toys and a giant vintage thermos. Newly announced menu items include BBQ Brisket Melts, Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwiches and either Raspberry or Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tarts for dessert.