TORONTO — Contiki says its new eLearning program gives agents insight into the brand’s 18-35 demographic as well as training on the brand’s worldwide trips, destinations, Contiki ‘know-how’ and its ‘No Regrets’ experiences.
Graduates of ContikiU will be eligible for the brand’s new 2017 ‘Contiki Rewards ’ incentive program, offering agents of all ages access to exclusive Contiki rewards based on the number of bookings they make. The program includes 12 ‘snack size’ training modules, ranging from five to 15 minutes each.
Millennials are reshaping the travel industry with increasing amounts of 18-35 year olds likely to travel abroad in comparison to their older counterparts, says Contiki. The UNWTO reported that the number of international millennial trips is expected to nearly double to reach about 300 million trips per year by 2020. Millennials have significant spending power, more disposable income and more freedom than other generations.
“We know millennials and have seen more and more that they are willing to seek the expertise of travel agents. In fact, a 2015 survey noted that over 35% of millennials still book through agents,” says Sheralyn Berry, Vice President of Sales for Contiki Canada. “We want to help agents understand the millennial audience and ensure that they are knowledgeable of our products. ContikiU will further enhance our commitment to our valued travel agent partners and provide them with the insight and expertise they need to be successful. Not to mention, the incentive of accessing our amazing Contiki Rewards program!”
Upon completion of the assigned courses, agents will graduate to become a Contiki Champion and will be eligible for exclusive Contiki Rewards that includes Contiki travel bags, gift cards, and free trips including Insight Vacations and Trafalgar (for those over the age of 35). The new rewards program will be based on the amount of bookings made by the graduate. Champions who book:
- Two Contiki trips will receive a Contiki travel kit
- Five Contiki trips will receive a $150 Amazon gift card
- Seven Contiki trips will receive a Contiki Travel Bag filled with goodies
- 10 Contiki trips will receive a free Contiki trip (valued at $2,000) or a credit for any of the other The Travel Corporation (TTC) brands (valued at $1,000)
- 15 Contiki trips will receive a free Contiki trip (valued at $2,500) or a credit for any of the other TTC brands (valued at $1,250)
- 20 Contiki trips will receive a free Contiki trip (valued at $3,000) or a ‘Take a Companion’ (both Contiki passenger trips valued at $1,500) or a credit for any of the other TTC brands (valued at $1,500)
In addition to the Contiki Rewards program, travel agents are also being given incentives such as fam trips (such as the two upcoming fam trips through Europe with completion of ContikiU a prerequisite) and agent discounts.
ContikiU is part of the TTC Agent Academy, the Travel Corporation’s new travel agent platform that encompasses its four core brands: Contiki, Trafalgar, Insight Vacations and Uniworld. For more information or to register for ContikiU, visit contiki.com/agents or contact your Contiki Sales Manager.
Champions wishing to access their ‘Contiki Rewards’ are required to submit a completed form (with booking numbers) to Rachel Kadis at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (416) 932-1147.